Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your 2009 Cincinnati Red Opening Day Lineup (per CTrent)

Gary Redus Ruled

Re: Your 2009 Cincinnati Red Opening Day Lineup (per CTrent)

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    hahaha...maybe I am
    Although I havent smoked pot in 20 years this opening day roster has me considering huffing paint
    Hoping for another Reds October

2. Turn Off Ads?

Darnell McDonald has a career ML batting average of .143. Chris Dickerson has career ML BA of .304. Does this make ANY sense at all?

Quote Originally Posted by CesarGeronimo View Post
    Why not just pick a minor league outfielder at random and he'll surpass Darnell McDonald's production?
    I'll keep beating the drum. I still can't believe that Dorn didn't get an invite to ST. He's ready to hit MLB pitching, and hit a fair amount of HRs in the process.

This lineup is pathetic, Santana has to be drooling right now.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    I'll keep beating the drum. I still can't believe that Dorn didn't get an invite to ST. He's ready to hit MLB pitching, and hit a fair amount of HRs in the process.
    He did man.

He got several ST at bats in fact. I think he went 1 for 2
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I'm more worried about Aaron Harang
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Just when I'm getting over McDonald making the team and the loss of a potential real player... i look up and see him in the opening day lineup... how many "who?"'s is everyone gonna hear tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Darnell McDonald has a career ML batting average of .143. Chris Dickerson has career ML BA of .304. Does this make ANY sense at all?
    With a Lefty starting it does.

Dickerson did go over into center today during the BP, after taking most of his chances in RF, (with Hairston) in the initial fielding practice.

Here's how the other positions went(T after the name is if they took fieilding in the Team drill, the others all took infield during BP on their own or another)

RF : Bruce(T), Nix(T)
    3b: EE(T), Rosales(T), Janish and Rosales during BP
    SS: Agon(T), Janish(T), Haiston(T-after taking chances in RF), Agon again, then Rosales(Janish @ 2b)
    2b: BP(T), Wilkin(T-i believe), BP again, then Janish(with Rosales) and Rosales.
    1b, Votto(T), Votto again, Hernandez(for Agon), Rosales

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Except for Tavars/McDonald, this is the lineup vs lefties we will see barring no trade.
    Granted our lineup does look better vs Righties with Dickerson.

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    Roger Dorn?
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

For Dickerson not to get the nod is completely insane. COMPLETELY INSANE!!!! He should quit.

http://jeromesredscare.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Except for Tavars/McDonald, this is the lineup vs lefties we will see barring no trade.
    Granted our lineup does look better vs Righties with Dickerson.
    The amazing thing is that we get what seems like a reprieve - Tavaras can't play - and the Reds actually manage to find a worse player to replace him in the Opening Day lineup.

There's nothing wrong with that lineup. Cutting Gomes is the right thing to do. They don't want Dickerson going against the Mets' Ace Left-hander. McDonald has as good of a chance as anyone at getting on base once in his 3 plate appearances. He'll be pinch-hit for his 4th plate appearance and he'll play decent, if not very good defense in Left Field.

All the right moves were made. Bailey gets to continue towards becoming a 200+ IP starter at the Minor League level until he's ready to step in as a starter for the REDS. Herrera's pitched great (I assume he was kept on the roster as I don't know that, yet.), while Bray isn't quite ready.

Hairston isn't quite ready, and thus McDonald's start.

I'm just happy as a lark that Gonzales is in the lineup on Opening Day. That was the biggest question mark during the off-season.

Go REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    There's nothing wrong with that lineup. Cutting Gomes is the right thing to do. They don't want Dickerson going against the Mets' Ace Left-hander. McDonald has as good of a chance as anyone at getting on base once in his 3 plate appearances. He'll be pinch-hit for his 4th plate appearance and he'll play decent, if not very good defense in Left Field.

All the right moves were made. Bailey gets to continue towards becoming a 200+ IP starter at the Minor League level until he's ready to step in as a starter for the REDS. Herrera's pitched great (I assume he was kept on the roster as I don't know that, yet.), while Bray isn't quite ready.

Hairston isn't quite ready, and thus McDonald's start.

I'm just happy as a lark that Gonzales is in the lineup on Opening Day. That was the biggest question mark during the off-season.

Go REDS!!!
    THANK YOU!

Isn't anyone glad for McDonald that he gets to start OD. Come on guys. This will be one of the biggest games in that guys life. It seems more like a hell of a slap on the back, good job, thanks for your work ethic, kind of thing for the Reds to do.

The roster could change a hundred times this year. It's a fluid thing, and right now it was best to stick with McDonald. And hey Willy's sick, let him start, so Dickerson doesn't have to open the season against a pumped up Santana.

Is anyone gonna care in a month what the roster is right now?

It's OPENING DAY...Go REDS!
    Last edited by Red in Atl; 04-05-2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: needed more cowbell

I am not a strong McDonald supporter, but there is something to be said for the choice. Over the last two seasons in the minors he has hit .284 with a .350 OBP. More importantly, he has stolen 52 of 62. All are improvements over his career minor league numbers.

This time last year few would have seen Dickerson as more than a AAAA OF'er. Yet now, we have him as a first ballot hall of famer. He made adjustments and showed dramatic improvements. Darnell may surprise on the up side as well.

Management is being consistent in putting speed at the top of the batting order and placing a premium on defense. We have some names that don't get me excited on the offensive side, but I am curious to see how it turns out. After all, things could be worse. We could be Braves fans. They hit three HR's tonight. They have no chance at all.

Turn Off Ads?