Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is Jeremy Horst still alive?

Is Jeremy Horst still alive?

Dusty has not pitched Horst sine the 7th - 12 days. I know he is a rookie, but this is ridiculous - he has not pitched poorly at all, and has plenty of potential to be a good major league pitcher...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is Jeremy Horst still alive?

He has looked pretty good, but this is also a sign of how much the starting pitching has straightened out recently.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

He goes down for Lecure before the weekend, I suspect.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

I had assumed he'd been sent down. Whoops.

Seriously, the fact that we haven't seen him in weeks is a great thing. (Nothing against him, but he's the last guy in the pen, if we don't need him, things must be going well)

Horst gets overlooked because he doesn't walk enough batters. To fit into the Reds' bullpen, he'll have to pitch more on the wild side. Don't believe me?

Then look up Arredondo's stats since 6/8. He's seen five appearances over the same stretch Horst has warmed the pines. In those four IP, Arredondo has walked six batters, surrendered four earned runs, taken two losses and seen his ERA mushroom from 1.50 to 3.45.

With Chapman down, can you blame the Reds for searching high and low for the next Ricky Vaughn? When will it be revealed that Charlie Sheen is a minority owner of the club? Bi-winning!
    Last edited by Guacarock; 06-20-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Speaking of Wild Thangs, when we trade the Giants Ramon Hernandez for the Flying Squirrels' SP Eric Surkamp, any chance that we can add Edgar Renteria as a sweetener to get back Fresno Grizzlies closer Marc Kroon? Nah, I didn't think so.

IMO I'd like to see the Reds have a 2nd lefty in the pen. (And not Chapman, I'd prefer he was a starter in AAA.) The Saturday game was an example of where a LOOGY would have been nice. Lind has been red hot and hits rhp ~250 ops higher than lhp. He hit a homer off of Leake and that was the game.

He goes down for Lecure before the weekend, I suspect.
    I'd say its Fisher who goes down. He becomes redundant as another mop-up/long man. Horst is a lefty, who I like better than Fisher anyway.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I'd say its Fisher who goes down. He becomes redundant as another mop-up/long man. Horst is a lefty, who I like better than Fisher anyway.

Both will be going down soon enough. The Reds have three pitchers nearly ready to come off the DL. LeCure,Bailey and Chapman. Chapman's rehab time expires tomorrow. So there will be a decison then on someone. Could be they leave Chapman in the minors? I haven't heard how close Bailey is lately? It sounds like Lecure is just about ready too. If all three of these come back to being good and healthy the Reds pitching will be in pretty shape for the 2nd half of the season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Both will be going down soon enough. The Reds have three pitchers nearly ready to come off the DL. LeCure,Bailey and Chapman. Chapman's rehab time expires tomorrow. So there will be a decison then on someone. Could be they leave Chapman in the minors? I haven't heard how close Bailey is lately? It sounds like Lecure is just about ready too. If all three of these come back to being good and healthy the Reds pitching will be in pretty shape for the 2nd half of the season.
    Dontrelle Willis is also knocking on the door, pitching well.

Bailey is getting closer, Lecure seems ready, Chapman's rehab time is about up, Willis is pitching well. Four candidates to come up soon.

Fisher and Horst will likely go to AAA. The question is which of the four candidates will come to Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Dontrelle Willis is also knocking on the door, pitching well.

Bailey is getting closer, Lecure seems ready, Chapman's rehab time is about up, Willis is pitching well. Four candidates to come up soon.

Fisher and Horst will likely go to AAA. The question is which of the four candidates will come to Cincy.
    I meant to mention Willis too. Thanks for picking me up. Yes he could be called up too. He's doing everything asked of him in Louisville.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Chapman has options, so he could just be stay in the minors when the rehab stint expires.

I rather hope they go that route.

Dontrelle could/should replace Horst (if they don't have faith enough to use him in the role) and Lecure replaces Fisher. Good call.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Turn Off Ads?