Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Reds Game Tracker (Why Not??)

Re: 2008 Reds Game Tracker (Why Not??)

The Reds held the powerful Phillies offense to 13 runs - 10 earned - in four games and still lost three of four games. Very disappointing series by the Reds offense. They could have easily won three of four games in that series.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Reds can get 3 of 4 from Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Reds can get 3 of 4 from Florida.
    Pitching matchups favor the Reds in every game IMO, but three of four would be great.

"So Fla Red"

16-11. Arroyo/Harang/Volquez the next three days.

Things are finally looking up in Redsland.

Worth The Wait

16-12.

Ouch. Talk about a painful loss. Just a horrible pitch there from Cordero.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    16-12.

Ouch. Talk about a painful loss. Just a horrible pitch there from Cordero.
    Another disappointing road trip so far at 2-4. If Cordero doesn't blow that save tonight then the Reds would be sitting pretty at 3-3 on this trip and only one game under .500 with Harang and Volquez pitching the next two games. What a heartbreaking loss...I don't think I'll be able to handle tomorrow's game. This is one of those losses I won't be able to forget, just like the one in San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Another disappointing road trip so far at 2-4. If Cordero doesn't blow that save tonight then the Reds would be sitting pretty at 3-3 on this trip and only one game under .500 with Harang and Volquez pitching the next two games. What a heartbreaking loss...I don't think I'll be able to handle tomorrow's game. This is one of those losses I won't be able to forget, just like the one in San Diego.
    Cheer up-we'll get to see Harang pitch today. In fact, if ya can take a step back and throttle your passion for the Reds just a bit, todays match up should be very, very entertaining. The Marlins have called up Tucker from AA so we'll get to see his debut.

As you know, the scouting report on Tucker is that he's a fiery guy with "stuff" i.e. a mid 90's fastball, a good change and a developing slider with "plus" potential (maybe it's gotten more consistent in Carolina this year or maybe his numbers just reflect a general improvement in his command?). He also throws a curve but I think the Fish have made him concentrate on the slider. He doesn't miss as many bets as you'd think he would on paper. I haven't seen him pitch this season but I can't wait to see how he does hopped up on adrenaline today...

He pitches inside with abandon so hopefully nobody will get plinked. Hopefully Harang will school him on the slider today.

The consummate professional vs the hot headed kid..... be there or be square.

Anyway, I'm cheesing today....I also get to see Bedard against the BoSox and Garza against the Rangers. Mano to mano.... bring it on baby.....
    Last edited by jojo; 06-08-2008 at 09:58 AM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Worth The Wait

16-13.

Could of used a "step up" performance from Harang, but instead he was putrid-- and he's been looking very, very ordinary lately.

No matter what we do tomorrow, this is already a disappointing road trip, but Edinson can keep it from being a total disaster. My goal of being at .500 after the Boston series looks shaky right now, but still not impossible.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    16-11. Arroyo/Harang/Volquez the next three days.

Things are finally looking up in Redsland.
    Then again maybe not. That was a killer last night that fed into today's mail it in performance from Harang and the offense.

Too much Sat night partying on South Beach?

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Too much Sat night partying on South Beach?
    I blame it on the water...they carbonate it down there.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Worth The Wait

17-13.

Mildly disappointing trip, but nothing disasterous. VERY tough stretch coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    17-13.

Mildly disappointing trip, but nothing disasterous. VERY tough stretch coming up.
    I was happy to split with the Marlins.. Of course, it could always be better, but I came into the series hoping for a split.

I'm hoping we can play close to 500 during this tough stretch coming up, and then play above 500 when we play in our division.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Cardinals, Red Sox, and Dodgers come to town for nine games. I'm hoping for 5-4 at the least. 6-3 would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Cardinals, Red Sox, and Dodgers come to town for nine games. I'm hoping for 5-4 at the least. 6-3 would be awesome.
    I could see the Reds winning every series. I could see them losing every one too though.

It should be a fun stand.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I could see the Reds winning every series. I could see them losing every one too though.

It should be a fun stand.
    Me too. For some reason, I feel like this Griffey hitting 600 thing is going to provide the team with another unspoken boost.

Then again, they're going to hit good pitchers who may shut them down.

Turn Off Ads?