Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From ORG

From ORG

From the ORG there is apparently talks between the Reds and Rays by sending Jay Bruce and Homer Bailey to Rays For BJ Upton and others per ESPN i have not found anything they said it was on tv.. Idk what to believe what do you guys think...... Drastic times call for drastic measures

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: From ORG

i havent seen anything on it and i checked ESPN.com as well as mlbtraderumors.. nothing! the guy who posted it didnt even say when it was on ESPN!!!

It looks like it was just inaccurate. I don't see anything anywhere.

I know Twitter would have Exploded!!!!

The OP said that he heard it on BBTN...

I find it hard to believe that he is the only person on the internet right now that happened to be watching BBTN at that time???

If Bruce is traded I riot

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    If Bruce is traded I riot
    +1

idk if they said jay Bruce or not but they did say we were pursuing upton and shields VERY hard and that the deal could be done in 24 hours... take it for what it's worth

edit* and oh yeah they did mention chapman and volquez(still unsure why any team would want him)
    Last edited by abish1572; 07-29-2011 at 12:24 AM.

I'd trade Bruce...if Longoria was coming back our way!

Quote Originally Posted by ED44 View Post
    I'd trade Bruce...if Longoria was coming back our way!
    They didn't even mention Longoria or Bruce(they couldve but I didn't hear them) If my memory serves me right they want upton, shields and a prospect(3rd basemen) for chapman volquez woods Alonso heisey and hernadez. however they did say it was pure speculation and that the reds COULD make a deal within 24 hours with the Rockies, astros and or rays
    Last edited by abish1572; 07-29-2011 at 01:09 AM.

IMO it would be a big mistake to hit the panic button. This team won 91 games last year with a bunch of young players. All they need is a little tweek. Trading Bruce will never happen and if it did I would lose all confidence in this team. He is 24, signed to a LTC, and his best days are ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by wvreds View Post
    From the ORG there is apparently talks between the Reds and Rays by sending Jay Bruce and Homer Bailey to Rays For BJ Upton and others per ESPN i have not found anything they said it was on tv.. Idk what to believe what do you guys think...... Drastic times call for drastic measures
    Bruce is better and younger than BJ

Vottobot

Quote Originally Posted by abish1572 View Post
    They didn't even mention Longoria or Bruce(they couldve but I didn't hear them) If my memory serves me right they want upton, shields and a prospect(3rd basemen) for chapman volquez woods Alonso heisey and hernadez. however they did say it was pure speculation and that the reds COULD make a deal within 24 hours with the Rockies, astros and or rays
    thats a horrible deal.
    Go Redlegs!!

Quote Originally Posted by tedies View Post
    thats a horrible deal.
    No doubt. That's wayyyyyy too much.

On the other hand, if Eva Longoria was coming my way, I'd trade Joey Vottoe, Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, and Mr. Red.

The only thing the Reds should be doing right now is looking around for buyers to overpay for our dead weight. We should not be the ones doing the overpaying. This season is all but lost. Get what you can for the players that are not going to be around for next season and keep the focus on 2012. I would hate to see the Reds do nothing for what seems like forever and then go nuts when its too late to do anything.

Turn Off Ads?