Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Colin Cowherd rips Votto, the Reds, and Paul Daughtery

Re: Colin Cowherd ripped the Reds a new one

Let everyone keep on saying those things. It's music to my ears, because we and other educated baseball fans know what is really going on with this team.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Turn Off Ads?

How can anyone think Votto is not a great player?! He's been hitting the cover off the ball all season!

He once said jacoby Ellsbury would win the MVP if he wasnt in the AL. He also said only good players end up in the AL.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I am more amazed you listened to him long enough to catch that dribble, he is worthless.
    I don't listen to him much. Just happened to be bored, and it was the only thing on.

I just turned it off, actually. I can't stand this guy's ego and sense of self.

Why this crap passes as national talk radio, I'll never understand.

and if you ever come back at him with any sort of facts or real knowledge, I'm sure he would call you an "umemployed meatball who lives in his mom's basement," or something like that.

He and Skip Bayless are both angry sportstalk guys who like to be contrary just to be contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    How can anyone think Votto is not a great player?! He's been hitting the cover off the ball all season!
    He doesn't play in NYC or LA, so he doesn't matter.

Here are Daugherty's thoughts on this lunatic:

ESPN radio Head Colin Cowherd decided the Reds were “frauds.” Among the dumbest comments made lately by a national radio guy, and that’s saying a bit. Let’s try this:

By August, frauds are gasping. Take LA, for instance. The best thing about Baseball is 162 games. The Reds have played 118. They’re in 1st place. Apparently, it’s all an accident.

This is what happens when East Coast elitist w/West Coast upbringing encounters a team in Flyover Country. He does no homework, makes vast assumptions based on the most recent news (in this case, St. Looie’s 3-game sweep) and makes an ass of himself. Cowherd is good, you think, until he starts talking about teams with whom you are intimately familiar. Then the emperor’s wardrobe is fully revealed.

Of course, if the Reds win the division/make the playoffs, Cowherd will avoid the subject entirely. Just another radio goofball. The only national radio guy who is consistently smart is Dan Patrick. Patrick is also the best interviewer in the business. Unlike Cowherd, he does not posit himself as an expert on everything, and generally takes himself less than seriously. Plus, being from Dayton, Patrick can actually find Cincinnati without a GPS.
    Votto for MVP

What's surprising is that this nerd is still on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by sivman17 View Post
    Here are Daugherty's thoughts on this lunatic:
    Who is Daugherty?

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Listening to his radio show at the moment. Here's the basic premise behind his argument:

--we feast on bad teams in a weak division
    --we drew a laughable interleague schedule
    --we can't beat the elite teams
    --Votto's peers don't think he's great. It's just us Reds fans that do

I'll take the press, though.

By the way, I take none of his sports opinions very seriously. if it's not happening in NYC or LA., then it doesn't matter to him.

He also says "quit rooting for the local team." :
    Like him or not, except for the Votto comment, his points are at least somewhat valid.
    Last edited by Z-Fly; 08-17-2010 at 12:21 PM.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

I can't stand the guy either, it's the same as Bayless with the Bengals, you would think they came from the same womb, but who cares, media attention is good and hopefully can give us a little more fire power for the end of the season. Go Reds.....

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Now he's ripping the Jets and Reds. Doesn't believe in either in the playoffs.

Cowherd and Bayless just say things for shock value. I enjoy watching/listening to their shows just because I find them entertaining, but I don't think they even believe what they say half the time.

Strength of schedule
    Reds .483
    Cards .490

Relative Power Index
    Reds .504
    Cards .507

If it wasnt for the Reds the Cardinals wouldnt even be in the playoff race.

Turn Off Ads?