Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor thread

Re: Trade rumor thread

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...medium=twitter

Arb projected numbers for the Angels.

Just throwing it out there, but maybe offer a SP for Trumbo. Homer really likes Price being here and if we can get Chapman to move to SP, then I think that Cueto or Leake is next in line to be moved. I prefer to move Cueto. He is making a lot of money for all of us to hold our breath every time he twists his delivery. He also doesn't appear to be in shape like a healthy pitcher should.

I would gauge the Angels to see if they would like Leake for Trumbo only because their salaries are pretty close next season (Leake projected $5.5M vs. Trumbo projected $4.5M). If Leake is good enough then I would try Cueto. Cueto is making $20M the next 2 seasons and I think I speak for most when I say that I would rather than money go to Latos and Bailey extensions.
    Cueto not in shape?

um... the same guy that runs the stands between every start? That Cueto?

I'd trade Leake for season passes to Disney World.

I don't think you speak for most if you think Leake is a tenth of the pitcher Cueto is.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Cueto not in shape?

um... the same guy that runs the stands between every start? That Cueto?

I don't think you speak for most if you think Leake is a tenth of the pitcher Cueto is.
    When I said that I speak for most, I was saying that I think that most RZ'ers would rather the extensions go to Latos and Bailey.

I never said Leake was better than Cueto.

EDIT: Realized I had a typo in my trade offer. I meant to say that if Leake is not good enough for their interest than I would offer Cueto for Trumbo and perhaps a prospect or two.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...t-to-find-out/

The club is a work in progress.

“One of the reasons for that is there are certain pieces of our personnel that we have to come to some feeling about where are they in their career and how much room is there for continued development,” Price said. “(Todd) Frazier and (Zack) Cozart and (Devin) Mesoraco are guys that have a ceiling where there’s a lot of room for great improvement. If they can get to the point I believe they can get, I think we can have a dynamic offensive club.

“I do think we’ve got some real areas that we need to improve upon. We have to be aggressive about trying to get to that place with those guys.”

Maybe he is higher on Mesoraco than Dusty? Still way too early to know though, if I'm being fair to him.

5. Likes:

TRF (10-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...t-to-find-out/

Maybe he is higher on Mesoraco than Dusty? Still way too early to know though, if I'm being fair to him.
    An interesting gamble would be if they traded Hanigan and told Mesoraco, "OK, kid, the job is yours." Perhaps it would give him some confidence and he wouldn't have to worry about looking over his shoulder to see if Hanigan is going to catch the most games. Nothing against Hanigan but this is about the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

7. Likes:

OesterPoster (10-24-2013),Old school 1983 (10-24-2013),Tom Servo (10-24-2013),TRF (10-24-2013),WVRedsFan (10-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Trumbo just isn't an upgrade. His career OBP is south of 300 (.299) and has been below that 2 of his 3 seasons. He has pop but not enough to justify all those outs and not great defense.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...rumbma01.shtml
    He's an upgrade over Billy Hamilton if Bruce played center next year. And he's coming into his prime while just entering arbitration. You could do worse.

"So Fla Red"

On the arb projections, Hanigan is projected to make 2.3M. Is he a non-tender candidate? They'll probably negotiate in the 2M range and bring him back for 2014. Baseball arb system - greatest deal in the world for replacement level and below players.

In the current roster construction, Mes is one of the few guys with possible upside and power to potentially add another desperately needed #5/6 bat to the lineup. I'm sure Price is higher on Mes than Dusty. I will be very interested how Price handles the catching duties next season, but suspect we'll see the 65-70% of starts from Devin that are needed. Also in the new world, perhaps Mes won't even have to be mandated as the 8th hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by LegallyMinded View Post
    Blue Jay second basemen turned in a sparkling .233/.286/.338 line last year, with pretty terrible defense to boot. They've also got some decent outfield depth with Anthony Gose potentially ready to play full time next year.
    I know they were weak at 2nd but to use the Reds for example. They have a need in LF, would they trade Bruce to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    Just look up the JaysJournal.com and a lot of the more recent articles are about Bautista. They are calling for him to be shipped because of his apparent lack of leadership and fire on the team.

That is something we may not necessarily want, but I think with changes of scenery for both JB and BP would be nice.

Plus they have a hole at 2B.

Contracts are pretty similar too.

JB has 2 years and $28M left with a $14M team option in 2016 when he is 35.

BP has 4 years and $50M left.
    I'm just saying it would seem like a lateral move (or worse) for the Blue Jays since they would be making the trade for purely baseball reasons. I'm not saying a trade couldn't be made around those players, but I think the Reds would have to kick in something to sweeten the pot.

I don't get the anti-Hanigan sentiment.I think he's the biggest bargain besides young guys on the team.1st in CS% 2011,2012(ahead of Molina)..359 career OBP,a .303 OBP last year while batting .198(a career anomaly).2-3 million,I don't understand.
    Last edited by wlf WV; 10-24-2013 at 10:31 PM. Reason: grammer
    May the Lord bless

13. Likes:

klw (10-24-2013),Mario-Rijo (10-28-2013),mdccclxix (10-24-2013),Redeyecat (10-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    I don't get the anti-Hannigan sentiment.I think he's the biggest bargain besides young guys on the team.1st in CS% 2011,2012(ahead of Molina)..359 career OBP,a ,303 OBP last year while batting .198(a career anomaly).2-3 million,I don't understand.
    I completely agree - and it will interesting to see how Price uses him if he is still on the roster next spring. Will Mesoraco get more starts? Price is attuned to the pitching so how will that affect his choice of who gets the bulk of catching? I think the problem most have with Ryan is twofold - most know 2013 was likely an aberration as far as being quite that bad offensively but even with a "normal" year he has almost no power. And second, he has kept Mes from getting what many think should have been a lot more starts than he did (and more consistent ABs to get his bat going).
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

15. Likes:

wlf WV (10-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    I know they were weak at 2nd but to use the Reds for example. They have a need in LF, would they trade Bruce to fill it?
    No, the Reds would deal from a position of depth, just like the Blue Jays would deal from a position of depth (outfield) in trading Bautista.

I think the Trumbo idea is crazy. Just nuts. Just trade BP for Uggla. Raw power, better OBP, low average and bad defense. Trumbo is younger. That's about it. Both ideas are terrible. But trading Leake or Cueto for Trumbo is awful/horribilis terrible. I'd much rather have Ludwick and keep Leake/Cueto. BP is probably going to get traded. You don't light matches between the owner's toes. I'd rather it be Bautista coming back than Uggla, though, that's for sure. Scrape together enough to rent Infante for a year or two.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

18. Likes:

Edd Roush (10-29-2013),Old school 1983 (10-24-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Well, that's just completely absurd.

20. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (10-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Well, that's just completely absurd.
    Not surprising. TRF has consistently made his disdain for Leake very well known.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Yep. I don't think he's much more than a #5 starter, albeit a very good #5. Of all the guys starting at least 10 games this year for the Reds, Leake was far and away the worst pitcher. Making the assumption that Chapman is going to the rotation, Cueto and Latos are locks, Homer is extended and Arroyo leaves, does anyone really want Leake over Cingrani?

I mean anyone? No. So trade him while his value is high. You have Chad Rogers probably at AAA, Stephenson at AA, so there are replacements in the pipeline. Plus there will a FA filler or 2 signed for depth.

The time to move Leake is now. His value and cost to the acquiring team will never be better. Leake to the Mets for Duda makes some sense.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

23. Likes:

herbdizzle (10-25-2013),RedRoser (10-25-2013)

Turn Off Ads?