Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who will win round 2?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bengals

35 85.37%
  • Browns

6 14.63%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals vs. Browns, Round 2

Re: Bengals vs. Browns, Round 2

I have great memories of past Boomer vs. Bernie clashes as well.

While in college my fraternity house was pretty evenly split between Browns and Bengals fans and we would always fight over which game would be on the big screen in the TV room. We finally decided on a steadfast rule; we'd monitor both games and the team scoring first would get control of the big TV with the other team's fans left to their own devices. Seems like I watched a lot of Bengals games during those years on the 20 inch TV in my room. When the Browns and Bengals played each other is was a genuine Battle Royale!

Another "fond" memory from those days is once coming back from a weekend at home to find that all my good Browns fan buddies had taken a Bernie poster and shellacked it to the outside of my door. They did a fabulous job because there was no way to tear it off short of taking down the door and sanding it away. Needless to say, I had Bernie on my door for the rest of the year. If I had a dollar for every time I had to explain that I wasn't a huge Browns fan, I'd have graduated a wealthy man.

Good times.

2. Turn Off Ads?

VS

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Ahhh yes...the glorious Mike Phipps era.

Browns win by a scant 1 point. Woof!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

From Lance McAlister's blog.

The Browns will wear the 1957-1959 uniforms that Jim Brown wore in his first three seasons in Cleveland.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Those Browns went to Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Those Browns went to Baltimore
    Wow!!!
    Thanks for the heads up.

You guys at WLW are really on top of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Wow!!!
    Thanks for the heads up.

You guys at WLW are really on top of everything.
    They are the Nation's Station...it's their job to know stuff like that.

Some extree info I've read. This includes the old Browns and the new Browns...just so there is no confusion. Each team has won 33 games. The Browns are 20-12 at home against the Bengals.
    Marvin Lewis is 5-2 against the Browns. Crennel is 0-3 against the Bengals.
    Bengals lead, 4-3, in new Browns Stadium and have won 4 in a row in the series.
    Last edited by BuckWoody; 11-25-2006 at 08:33 PM.

WHO DEY!! Bengals in a rout.

Bengals 31

Browns 20

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    I have great memories of past Boomer vs. Bernie clashes as well.

While in college my fraternity house was pretty evenly split between Browns and Bengals fans and we would always fight over which game would be on the big screen in the TV room. We finally decided on a steadfast rule; we'd monitor both games and the team scoring first would get control of the big TV with the other team's fans left to their own devices. Seems like I watched a lot of Bengals games during those years on the 20 inch TV in my room. When the Browns and Bengals played each other is was a genuine Battle Royale!

Another "fond" memory from those days is once coming back from a weekend at home to find that all my good Browns fan buddies had taken a Bernie poster and shellacked it to the outside of my door. They did a fabulous job because there was no way to tear it off short of taking down the door and sanding it away. Needless to say, I had Bernie on my door for the rest of the year. If I had a dollar for every time I had to explain that I wasn't a huge Browns fan, I'd have graduated a wealthy man.

Good times.
    You could have taken the opportunity to give "Bernie" some cosmetic surgery to teach those guys a lesson. Some ideas might have included:

Replacing Bernie's hair with Cha-Cha-Cha-Chia hair
    Cement shoes for his concrete feet
    A handbag to accompany his side-arm motion
    A Steelers jersey
    The ever-popular black eye, handlebar mustache, monocle, and/or other standard enhancements people use to deface photographs.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    You could have taken the opportunity to give "Bernie" some cosmetic surgery to teach those guys a lesson. Some ideas might have included:

Replacing Bernie's hair with Cha-Cha-Cha-Chia hair
    Cement shoes for his concrete feet
    A handbag to accompany his side-arm motion
    A Steelers jersey
    The ever-popular black eye, handlebar mustache, monocle, and/or other standard enhancements people use to deface photographs.
    What I did end up doing was putting a cartoon quote bubble up by Bernie's head with a new quote from Bernie every week. Being a college student at the time, with maturity not being a strong point yet, none of the quotes are reprintable here.

I think this is going to be a great game. The Bengals simply aren't good enough to go into Cleveland and blow them out.

I see the Bengals winning 21-20, but I would not be surprised to see the Browns win.

CLE takes it all the way back on the kickoff but it gets called back because of a penalty. First play from scrimmage CLE is trapped behind the line but they still manage to get 4 yards because of poor tackling by the Bengals. The Bengals better hope they get a lot of turnovers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

So....we have about six minutes left in the 1st quarter, and already both teams have burned up 3 of their timeouts.
    Talk about spectacular clock management.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I think this is going to be a great game. The Bengals simply aren't good enough to go into Cleveland and blow them out.
    Yeah, that could never happen.

Cincy put up over 40 against San Diego. I think they can handle the Browns defense(whether or not they can stop them from scoring remains to be seen.).

Turn Off Ads?