Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Insider says..

ESPN Insider says..

Best possible location for the Padres to trade Quentin would be our Reds...so what would you give up for him?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: ESPN Insider says..

Im sure they would either Corcino or Cingrani along with Hamilton, and that is way too much, Id see maybe if theyd take Heisey along with a low level prospect

Padres still owe us from the Latos trade. Just put him on a plane and send him along. We'll call it even.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Padres still owe us from the Latos trade. Just put him on a plane and send him along. We'll call it even.
    haha I totally agree!

anyone have his contract status without me looking it up? I would say thats the main issue if we are looking into a trade here.

x
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-06-2012 at 12:31 PM.

I beleive he is a FA after this season, hes making 7.25 million this season, he does have a bit of an injury history, Id look to acquire him, maybe theyd take Luddy back haha

From what i gather he is a free agent

Wouldnt take a lot to get him probably, he has an extensive injury history and is out of contract at the end of the year.

he has missed at last 30 games each of the past 5 years (including this year) and is very poor defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by wvreds View Post
    Im sure they would either Corcino or Cingrani along with Hamilton, and that is way too much, Id see maybe if theyd take Heisey along with a low level prospect
    i doubt they think they could get that

Quote Originally Posted by wvreds View Post
    Absolutely no way they would ask for this. That is a top 25 prospect and a top 100 prospect for a rental player. Last year the Mets traded Carlos Beltran for Zack Wheeler who at the time was Baseball America's #55 prospect. While Quentin is a little younger than Beltran was, Beltran was healthy for the whole year last year. I would say one of our better pitching prospects and Heisey might get the deal done. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by kg112686 View Post
    Absolutely no way they would ask for this. That is a top 25 prospect and a top 100 prospect for a rental player. Last year the Mets traded Carlos Beltran for Zack Wheeler who at the time was Baseball America's #55 prospect. While Quentin is a little younger than Beltran was, Beltran was healthy for the whole year last year. I would say one of our better pitching prospects and Heisey might get the deal done. Just my opinion though.
    Problem is I doubt Walt will even pick up the phone to ask SD what it would take....

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

My thought was they were interested in Chris Heisey during the discussion of Latos. He'd be included as would probably Kyle Lotzkar or Danny Corcino. My hope is we do the deal. Corcino is legit, but if this team wants to position it self for a run.. Having a guy who in just 6 games already has 5 HRs and 2 multi homer games. I'd actually try to include perhaps a bullpen arm like Arredondo, because we are going to have Bray at some point and Masset. Then who moves out of the pen?

Heisey, Arredondo, & Lotzkar to the Pads for Carlos Quentin & Cash ($3.5 Million owed - Say $1 Million to the Reds).

Key to this deal is that Quentin is a RH bat. Insert him in-between Votto and Bruce and move Phillips into the leadoff or #2 hole. That is a sick lineup and if healthy and lineup that can take not only a division but a pennant.

I think giving up Heisey is too much with a top prospect. Heisey could be Quentin if he played everyday. Not as much power but Quentin is a .250 career hitter. I think he would help the team but no way would I give up Heisey, Hamilton, Cingrani or Corcino to get him. Don't think the Pads would want really anthing else in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
    My thought was they were interested in Chris Heisey during the discussion of Latos. He'd be included as would probably Kyle Lotzkar or Danny Corcino. My hope is we do the deal. Corcino is legit, but if this team wants to position it self for a run.. Having a guy who in just 6 games already has 5 HRs and 2 multi homer games. I'd actually try to include perhaps a bullpen arm like Arredondo, because we are going to have Bray at some point and Masset. Then who moves out of the pen?

Heisey, Arredondo, & Lotzkar to the Pads for Carlos Quentin & Cash ($3.5 Million owed - Say $1 Million to the Reds).

Key to this deal is that Quentin is a RH bat. Insert him in-between Votto and Bruce and move Phillips into the leadoff or #2 hole. That is a sick lineup and if healthy and lineup that can take not only a division but a pennant.

I think due to a bidding war that will happen, it will take much more...

Latos

Turn Off Ads?