Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State vs. Xavier - Wow!

Ohio State vs. Xavier - Wow!

What a game. I thought OSU was sunk for sure. They were on their heels all game, not able to finish around the hoop.

Key Plays:

-Conley steal in regulation to help pull them to within one on the three point play
    -Xavier miss on the second of two
    -Lewis awesome three pointer to tie

Kind of feel bad for Xavier, but man what a game.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Re: Ohio State vs. Xavier - Wow!

Oden should have gotten a technical on the last play of regulation. He threw a player off the court without even making an attempt for the ball. I can't stand Xavier, but that was an intentional foul by Oden.

Refs screwed Xavier.

Oden apparantly can get away with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Oden should have gotten a technical on the last play of regulation. He threw a player off the court without even making an attempt for the ball. I can't stand Xavier, but that was an intentional foul by Oden.
    My thoughts also, OS got very lucky with that call. The game basically should have been over after that.

X got screwed, Oden would have gotten dq'd in the WWE for that, amazing that officials are afraide to make that call.

WOW! I nearly had a mother truckin' heart attack. Ron Lewis is THE MAN! I cannot believe it. The only thing to say here is March Madness got it's name because of games just like THAT!

That was an incredible game...ending...and a great showing by Mike Conley Jr. in OT!

RON LEWIS, I love you!
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

I always liked Oden because he seemed likea good guy, but today he proved he is nothing but a punk IMO. I'm neutral when it comes to OSU basketball but that move totally turned me against them.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I always liked Oden because he seemed likea good guy, but today he proved he is nothing but a punk IMO. I'm neutral when it comes to OSU basketball but that move totally turned me against them.
    Come on - I agree 1000% that was an intentional foul. But it doesn't make him a punk. He tried to make an obvious foul and yes I'm sure the velocity of it was influenced by frustration, but I don't think that makes him a punk
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Refs screwed Xavier.

Oden apparantly can get away with murder.
    It was a bad call, but if Cage makes both free throws, it's a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat View Post
    X got screwed, Oden would have gotten dq'd in the WWE for that, amazing that officials are afraide to make that call.
    I completely disagree. It was a hard obvious foul, but not malicious, and the ball was right there. They don't make that call in that situation no matter who is the one that fouls. The calls throughout the game certainly did not go OSU's way, and you could even argue that Xavier benifited from the calls.
    Last edited by PickOff; 03-17-2007 at 03:47 PM.

I only heard the OSU radio, but it sounds like David Lighty was fouled and it wasn't called, not sure what the Oden complaint is, but they did not say a thing about it on the radio.

I can't beleive the main topic of discussion is Oden's hard foul.

That's rational.

I'm just incredibly excited that OSU made such an incredible come back. That was quite possibly one of the best games I've ever watched.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I only heard the OSU radio, but it sounds like David Lighty was fouled and it wasn't called, not sure what the Oden complaint is, but they did not say a thing about it on the radio.
    Was glad the Oden show fouled out, Ohio State played better without him. They looked like the Ohio State before the bunny shot misser came along.

Turn Off Ads?