Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sean Miller headed....

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Sean Miller headed....

...nowhere.

He's signed an extension to remain with Xavier through 2015-16, according to Dustin Dow's blog.

Also confirmed to the radio station by Xavier

X made the right decision.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 03-22-2007 at 06:11 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sean Miller headed....

Thad Matta signed an extension at X too.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

How long before he left?

I don't remember.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Good for him and good for Xavier. Win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    How long before he left?

I don't remember.
    Pretty soon after, I thought it was right before he went to the Ohio State University.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    X made the right decision.

Funny how a month makes a difference. Last month the fans wanted him fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Funny how a month makes a difference. Last month the fans wanted him fired.
    Me not being an X fan, can say that, objectively. I heard those fans, and thought they were all nuts. Looks like us outsiders may have been right. Sean's a young coach, who is still learning, who is getting better and is turning into a great coach.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 03-22-2007 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Thad Matta signed an extension at X too.
    Yes he did, and that meant Ohio State had to buyout his contract to hire him. OSU has essentially paid Miller's salary since he came to XU. A Long term contract is a good move by Xavier as it both encourages Miller to stay and compensates the university if he doesn't.

Xavier fans are an interesting breed, that's for sure. It seems like every loss is the end of the world and every win means another Elite 8 run for them. One of my good friends is a Xavier student, and he's as level headed as they come, but even he gets like that. Must be something in the water down there.

That's good for Xavier, though, and good for the A-10. That conference has virtually fallen off the map since 2004. Hopefully some longevity in the coaching ranks will help bring the whole conference back.

Todd Graham, as a first-year football coach at Rice, led the Owls to their first bowl game in forever. He signed an extension with Rice on a Sunday and then left for Tulsa the following Thursday. Just sayin'.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

The concept of "contract" in college athletics is so beyond bogus that I don't even know why they bother having them for coaches. Sean Miller could've sign an extension taking him through 2050 and he could still be named the head coach of Kentucky tomorrow.

I wish the NCAA or someone would step in and put an end to the practice of schools recruiting and signing away coaches already under contract elsewhere. These coaches are more than just X's and O's guys to their players -- and if the integrity of the coach's role in the lives of these young men meant anything to the schools, ADs, and Presidents they'd all band together to stop it from happening.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 03-22-2007 at 10:25 PM.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The concept of "contract" in college athletics is so beyond bogus that I don't even know why they bother having them for coaches. Sean Miller could've sign an extension taking him through 2050 and he could still be named the head coach of Kentucky tomorrow.

I wish the NCAA or someone would step in and put an end to the practice of schools recruiting and signing away coaches already under contract elsewhere. These coaches are more than just X's and O's guys to their players -- and if the integrity of the coach's role in the lives of these young men meant anything to the schools, ADs, and Presidents they'd all band together to stop it from happening.
    Of course the coach could show a little integrity by honoring a signed contract.

Turn Off Ads?