Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marty Brennaman

Marty Brennaman

Is it just me or is Marty Brennaman sounding even more arrogant this season? At the tail end of Scott Sloan and Tracy Jones afternoon show yesterday they had Marty on, and just by listening to him talk you'd think it was the hardest thing in the world hosting the Hot Stove League Show. I used to like the guy but listening to him lately has become almost unbearable since he thinks his opinion is the only one that matters.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Marty Brennaman

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Narron View Post
    Is it just me or is Marty Brennaman sounding even more arrogant this season? At the tail end of Scott Sloan and Tracy Jones afternoon show yesterday they had Marty on, and just by listening to him talk you'd think it was the hardest thing in the world hosting the Hot Stove League Show. I used to like the guy but listening to him lately has become almost unbearable since he thinks his opinion is the only one that matters.
    This, he is worse on the banana phone.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I grew up listening to Marty and Joe every night. The Marty we hear now is definitely not the Marty I grew up listening to, and hasn't been for quite a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I grew up listening to Marty and Joe every night. The Marty we hear now is definitely not the Marty I grew up listening to, and hasn't been for quite a few years.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Marty has definitely gotten more arrogant, but I still like his style. I think he is generally still very cordial on the banana phone, and I know if I had to respond to the kind of moronic questions and insipid conversation that he has to deal with on the BP and Hot Stove League, I wouldn't do as good of a job of biting my tongue as he does.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

I love Marty and hope he goes for ever.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I haven't been a Marty fan for awhile, mainly because of some of the reasons listed in other posts. In fact, I haven't listened to a game on the radio since I retired 6 yrs. ago. If I can't watch it, I read about the games on here or on the e-editions of the papers and blogs. Works for me.

I love Marty and would kill to have him call TV games...

Maybe his style wouldn't work in other sports, but at baseball's pace I welcome his commentary, personality, and enthusiasm. With people calling in complaining about Dontrelle's ST debut, I'm glad Marty is behind the mic to put people like that in their place.

I've listened to a number of teams' broadcasts last year and Marty & Jeff are the best combo out there by far. Those who have tuned off are missing out.

His arrogance is closer to funny than it is to overboard.

Legends Never Die

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBaker View Post
    Maybe his style wouldn't work in other sports, but at baseball's pace I welcome his commentary, personality, and enthusiasm. With people calling in complaining about Dontrelle's ST debut, I'm glad Marty is behind the mic to put people like that in their place.

I've listened to a number of teams' broadcasts last year and Marty & Jeff are the best combo out there by far. Those who have tuned off are missing out.

His arrogance is closer to funny than it is to overboard.
    Exactly Marty always has been and always will be the man!
    "Baseball is a simple game. If you have good players and if you keep them in the right frame of mind then the manager is a success."- Sparky Anderson

If anyone could make me a real signature that would be awesome I am not great with photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuban_Missile View Post
    Exactly Marty always has been and always will be the man!
    Kinda like Alexei Ramirez will always be the Cuban Missile.

Why did they steal his nickname?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I started not to like Marty for awhile. I think the losing made him really negative and his arrogance came across often.

But ever since they paired him with Brantley, I've enjoyed their banter back and forth. I think Marty likes working with Jeff, and they make a good pair. Maybe Marty is happier now, obviously with the winning, and a good commentator beside him.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Marty is my man. HE wouldn't wear a Sox cap.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

I love Marty,he is just a cranky ole man.He was much better when Joe was alive.Why were people calling and complaining about Dontrelle?I thought he was doing well.Have the wheels already come off?

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    I love Marty,he is just a cranky ole man.He was much better when Joe was alive.Why were people calling and complaining about Dontrelle?I thought he was doing well.Have the wheels already come off?
    I agree about Marty. Nuxy kept his disappointment in check. And, I think he grew really frustrated, (and cranky) during the Lindner regime. It was hard for him to keep a positive face, with such lousy management, especially with the extremely arrogant "leatherpants".

Turn Off Ads?