Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Re: SEC Football Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    A rematch? No thanks, teams that don't win their conference have no business playing for a national title.
    I don't think there will be a rematch.

But concerning the conference thing, if the top three teams were undefeated LSU/Boise and a 1 loss Bama, Bama would have a great case.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I don't think there will be a rematch.

But concerning the conference thing, if the top three teams were undefeated LSU/Boise and a 1 loss Bama, Bama would have a great case.
    A case they can take to the Sugar Bowl while they see if Boise can find the end zone against LSU.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

At no point during that game did I get the feeling that LSU was the better team on that field tonight. Yet they still pulled out the win. Sports... they are a crazy thing.

I look at the rematch talk from LSU's point-of-view. They beat Alabama at Alabama. They should not have to play Alabama again.

How lucky is LSU that every time it has a title-caliber team the BCS Championship happens to be in NOLA? I'm not saying they wouldn't have won their two other championships somewhere else, but it is still extremely fortunate and a luxury that many other teams never have a chance of happening for them.

part of BBN

Here is what I posted on facebook concerning my thoughts on a possible rematch : "They may be the best 2 teams but a rematch would prove what ? LSU wins at Alabama but a Bama win would give them the title yet it would be one win a piece for the season ? I vote no. Bama had their shot and it was a home game."

Hilarious to see Alabama still at #3. Unreal. They couldn't even score a TD at home. As much as I love college football, I will never watch it again until the BCS is gone if they put Alabama in over an undefeated team like Stanford or Oklahoma State. It wouldn't surprise me to see a rematch, as if the first one wasn't boring enough.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 11-06-2011 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Hilarious to see Alabama still at #3. Unreal. They couldn't even score a TD at home. As much as I love college football, I will never watch it again until the BCS is gone if they put Alabama in over an undefeated team like Stanford.
    Presumably Stanford would get a bump if they beat Oregon but the TD comment ignores an awful lot.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I wasn't a big fan of an OSU/Mich rematch in 2006 and I don't want to see it here either.

You had your chance, your done. You can't be a national champion if you don't win your conference. (Which is why I like the Big10 having a Conference Championship game)

GL

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of an OSU/Mich rematch in 2006 and I don't want to see it here either.

You had your chance, your done. You can't be a national champion if you don't win your conference. (Which is why I like the Big10 having a Conference Championship game)

GL
    I'd be surprised if anyone outside of Tuscaloosa truly wants a rematch. I don't. If OSU and Stanford take care of their business, its a moot point and Bama has no case whatsoever.

Just in case OSU and Stanford stumble though, those that likewise don't want a rematch should become huge Auburn fans on the 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    That was a real snoozer. Thankfully the Oklahoma State/Kansas State game was on at the same time.
    Nice to see someone still plays defense in college. I agree Alabama ought to be able to recruit a kicker. A team with atrocious special teams does not deserve to win a national championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Nice to see someone still plays defense in college. I agree Alabama ought to be able to recruit a kicker. A team with atrocious special teams does not deserve to win a national championship.
    In the NFL if you see a 9-6 football game you consider it an awful game. In college some consider it a great game? OSU played MSU to a slug fest that was awful to watch as a fan.

I fell asleep watching the game. Both teams had great offenses but both teams are severely lacking in offense. Its shocking to see teams with the amount of talent up and down the roster struggle to score.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    In the NFL if you see a 9-6 football game you consider it an awful game. In college some consider it a great game? OSU played MSU to a slug fest that was awful to watch as a fan.

I fell asleep watching the game. Both teams had great offenses but both teams are severely lacking in offense. Its shocking to see teams with the amount of talent up and down the roster struggle to score.
    Both teams are severely lacking at QB. Combine that with great defenses and you get 15 points.

I wouldn't call it a great game but it is refreshing to see defense is still played. An ugly game is one where the QB throws three passes and he wins the game...

This was a pitcher's duel involving two incredible defenses.

Oregon traveled halfway across the country and scored 27 points on LSU's defense despite turning the ball over FOUR times.

West Virginia threw for 463 yards against LSU and had 533 total yards, and like Oregon, they turned the ball over four times.

LSU has had trouble against great offenses outside the SEC this season.

Turn Off Ads?