Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Chone Figgins ?

Chone Figgins ?

With the recent signing of Gary Matthews Jr./ the Angels are probably going to deal this guy. Him and Saunders and the SS Izturus would be a great trade for Dunn I think. Also the Angels need a power hitter and makes this a very viable deal. Go get'em Wayne
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chone Figgins ?

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    With the recent signing of Gary Matthews Jr./ the Angels are probably going to deal this guy. Him and Saunders and the SS Izturus would be a great trade for Dunn I think. Also the Angels need a power hitter and makes this a very viable deal. Go get'em Wayne
    Got to admit that I was pretty sure the Angels and the Reds were a bad fit in a big deal. But with them missing on Soriano and Lee, I can't believe that they won't trade for a big bat now. Not sure how Figgins helps the Reds much but I like Saunders and Izturis. Dunn makes sense for them, but this deal would sink the Reds IMO. The offense would be dead last in everything. If the Reds could trade Griffey for Saunders and Izturis that would be pretty good. He won't go though and I doubt the Angels would give that much for him. Your scenario is very possible though, even though I don't like the particular players involved.

I'm thinking Pat Burrell is going to end-up there maybe for a Scott Shields or some one like Mike Napoli or Jeff Mathis. I haven't heard anything, it just makes a lot of sense with the Phillies looking to dump Burrell and needing a catcher and pen help. Still gotta wonder about A-Rod or Manny Ramirez now too.

Replace Dunn with Chone Figgins and we don't score 700 runs next year. Figgins is a near clone of Freel, except he doesn't get on base quite as much. Pass.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

His batting helmet is always a mess. Disgraceful. It's like he needs a visible reassurance of scrappy.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

The Reds would only need Figgins, in my opinion, if they happen to deal Freel for pitching. If Dunn is dealt, it should only be for a front of the rotation type starter.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

not now.

IMO Dunn can't be traded now that we went with a good glove weak bat SS.
    We need Dunn's offense plus more offense from 1B.

Figgins isn't needed on the Reds unless Freel is traded for pitching.
    Then i would only trade spare parts for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    not now.

IMO Dunn can't be traded now that we went with a good glove weak bat SS.
    We need Dunn's offense plus more offense from 1B.

Figgins isn't needed on the Reds unless Freel is traded for pitching.
    Then i would only trade spare parts for him.
    Dunn and Freel packaged in this market gets you a Pitcher Like Joe Saunders, a Macier Izturius, and maybe Rivera and a upside pitching prospect. The who will score runs thing and knock them in comes down to the Marlins way of thinking challenge thy prospects.

M2- Is that showing an idea of creativity?
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Turn Off Ads?