Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Zack Greinke broke his collarbone

Re: Zack Greineke broke his collarbone

I'm with Mattingly. Quentin's suspension should be tied to Greinke's recovery.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Who's Zack Greineke?

If Meineke does mufflers, maybe Greineke does grufflers?
    /r/reds

I think they all look like idiots in this case. Quinton for charging, Greinke for hitting him as well as leading with his shoulder when being charged, Kemp for acting like a fool. Why did Hairston get ejected though-looked to me like he was one trying to break things up from the times I saw him in the video.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Why, he broke his own collarbone leading into him with it-that was dumb.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I think they all look like idiots in this case. Quinton for charging, Greinke for hitting him as well as leading with his shoulder when being charged, Kemp for acting like a fool. Why did Hairston get ejected though-looked to me like he was one trying to break things up from the times I saw him in the video.
    Did you miss the part where after the initial brawl Hairston went running to the Padres dugout pointing, yelling, and needed to be restrained? He ignited a second fracas.

edit: I think the MLB.com video doesn't show it other than the end of the second one. Watch the ESPN video I linked.
    Last edited by scott91575; 04-12-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    Did you miss the part where after the initial brawl Hairston went running to the Padres dugout pointing, yelling, and needed to be restrained? He ignited a second fracas.

edit: I think the MLB.com video doesn't show it other than the end of the second one. Watch the ESPN video I linked.
    Nope, I didn't see that, why I was asking. Will check that video out, thanks for posting.
    Ah, now that watched that one I saw it, didn't mention that in the other videos at all-the ones I saw had Alonso and someone going at it to start part II of the fight. Wonder if there is any video ofthe parking lot incident?
    Last edited by bounty37h; 04-12-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

When I broke my collarbone I was in a helluva lot more pain than Greinke looked to be in. But mine was extremely bad. It took me 5 months to fully recover. He didnt look to be in the pain to be out that long

So Cueto should just be forced to quit too, right?

If we set that precedent, are you OK with suspending pitchers for as long as the batters are out when they hit them?

It really bothers me that pitchers think it's OK to stand out there throwing fastballs at guys. It's every bit as dangerous as charging the mound and it certainly isn't baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by swaisuc View Post
    If we set that precedent, are you OK with suspending pitchers for as long as the batters are out when they hit them?
    Basing suspensions on injuries is a can of worms that simply shouldn't be opened. It leaves way to much to interpretation and starts moving in a very slippery direction.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    Anyone else find it hilarious how Vin Scully called play-by-play on the brawl in his usual calm tone of voice? The contrast between the pushing and shoving on the field and his broadcast was pretty funny.

Both of these guys need a nice long suspension for over-reacting and Kemp needs some time on the pine as well for keeping things riled up (much like Chris Carpenter did in 2010).

Lol. I was thinking the same thing. He never got excited or changed his tone one bit. I love listening to him but sheesh...how in the world does he stay so calm. "Scotchy, scotch-scotch...I love scotch!" No? Just a thought. :O)

Terrible idea.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I find it kind of funny that people here are saying baseball brawls are stupid, idotic, moronic and that players look that way when participating in them.....and yet, I bet everyone in this thread watched it multiple times. :o) Nah, it's not entertaining at all. *grin*

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I find it kind of funny that people here are saying baseball brawls are stupid, idotic, moronic and that players look that way when participating in them.....and yet, I bet everyone in this thread watched it multiple times. :o) Nah, it's not entertaining at all. *grin*
    I haven't watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Entertaining things are often stupid, idiotic, and moronic. Yet it doesn't mean it's a good thing or we actually want them to happen. Car wrecks are entertaining to an extent. It doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Turn Off Ads?