Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals discussion thread

Re: Cardinals discussion thread

I look at the Cardinals in baseball like I do the Steelers in football. No matter how many injuries, retirements or whatever, never take them lightly. They have a way of outplaying their roster. Their roster sure didn't look like a World Championship one a few years ago but they won the WS anyway. I take them every bit as seriously as the Brewers. As for our Reds, if they can't play .500 ball it doesn't matter how good the other teams are. We need to fix our own house and not worry about the competition

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    The Colby Rasmus issue in St. Louis has become intriguing. It would not surprise me if the Cards decide to wash their hands with him at the trade deadline. Here is an interesting read about the situation:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...a4bcf6878.html
    It seems the sportswriter is more worried about daddy's assistance than TLR is. What matters is the guy in charge's opinion. And Bernie doesn't even touch on the merits of the dad, just says "dad's shouldn't be meddling in MLB." I don't know how he makes this conclusion without exploring the qualifications of daddy.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    It seems the sportswriter is more worried about daddy's assistance than TLR is. What matters is the guy in charge's opinion. And Bernie doesn't even touch on the merits of the dad, just says "dad's shouldn't be meddling in MLB." I don't know how he makes this conclusion without exploring the qualifications of daddy.
    Actually, this is kind of a huge story here in St. Louis and the media here, not just the article Bernie has written. Tony Rasmus has had a history of spouting off like a drunk. Tony Rasmus has some experience coaching but the way he spouts off randomly makes him look foolish. One comment he recently made was that maybe the Cards should hire him in the organization because of his "qualifications". Its beyond ridiculous and I have never seen a situation like this before.

Its just not Rasmus father issues that are concerning, he looks just like a mentally weak player who probably needs a change of scenery. He has all the talent in the world but I just don't see him taking it to the next level here in St. Louis which is a high demanding town for their baseball players. There are some on going rumors that the Rays are interested in his bat (which they need) and it wouldn't surprise me if the Cards get one of their talented young pitchers in return. Jeremy Hellickson would certainly look nice in the Cards starting rotation.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    The Colby Rasmus issue in St. Louis has become intriguing. It would not surprise me if the Cards decide to wash their hands with him at the trade deadline. Here is an interesting read about the situation:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...a4bcf6878.html
    The Cards could trade Rasmus for a real pitcher if they wanted. Not like a typical deadline deal, but a real baseball trade, value for value.

I'd love Rasmus. He doesn't play CF as well as I thought he would, but he could become a great fielding LF for us and give us as good a young OF as exists in the majors.

I doubt the Cards would want to trade him to us.

Tampa looks like a spot they could look to.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    The Cards could trade Rasmus for a real pitcher if they wanted. Not like a typical deadline deal, but a real baseball trade, value for value.

I'd love Rasmus. He doesn't play CF as well as I thought he would, but he could become a great fielding LF for us and give us as good a young OF as exists in the majors.

I'd love Rasmus as well, but the Reds can't afford to deal Cueto. Any of the Reds other starters would basically mean the Cards are giving him away.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

There is no way the Cards trade him within the division. If that happened, Mo would get crucified out of town.

Another intriguing option would be the Braves. They have a wealth of pitching talent and Rasmus is from Georgia. Plus I think the Nate McClouth experiment has pretty much run its course.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

If salas regresses to him norm anymore, he'll have a new norm.

I didn't know where else to pit this tidbit but this is from ESPN:

Albert Pujols recorded his 2000th career hit on Friday in his 6093rd at-bat and with 431 home runs to his credit. The only player in major-league history to reach 2000 hits in as few at-bats as Pujols while having as many homers is Babe Ruth, who got to that milestone in 1929 in his 5768th at-bat with 495 home runs.

Cardinals board would be a good place

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I would put that interesting tidbit of information there but it would be lost in between the "Fire TLR" threads and "Ryan Theriot: What is he good for?" threads.

I laughed out loud at this. Well played, sir.

Cardinals complained the Brewers are stealing signs at home and the lights around home play were dimmed.

It never stops!

Here's the link. Larussa's unbelievable.

High five!

Cardinals complained the Brewers are stealing signs at home and the lights around home play were dimmed.

It never stops!
    Wow, lame.

Of the Cardinals, not you!

Turn Off Ads?