Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST: Season 3

Re: LOST: Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    My wife, who is not a fan of the show she makes me watch Nip/Tuck in order to watch Lost, also thinks the beards and such are a little much. 71 days in there are going to be a lot of guys who have some serious growth working.
    I'm sure that in the supply drops they provided razors and what not.

If the Others make camp on another island, how did Ethan run through the Jungle to make it to the crash site?
    They probably have a few boats.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bengalsown View Post
    I'm sure that in the supply drops they provided razors and what not.

I recall seeing razors in previous episodes. Season 1 I think
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    A couple of thoughts

If the island can cure Locke's back, and Rose's cancer why does Ben have a tumor on his back, threatening his life?

If the Others make camp on another island, how did Ethan run through the Jungle to make it to the crash site?
    Well, since the main hatch blew up all of those magnetic properties of the island are now gone. The better question is, why didn't Locke lose his ability to walk, and Rose's cancer advance?

The Hydra Station is on another island and some others have now moved over there and set up camp in the Hydra station. The "community" they showed at the beginning of S3 episode 1 is on the same island as the Losties.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    If the island can cure Locke's back, and Rose's cancer why does Ben have a tumor on his back, threatening his life?

If Desmond is able to see the future, why didn't he see Ecko's untimely demise?

Has anyone on the island started wearing tattered clothing or gone unshaven, or without a haircut?
    1. Because the plane crash people are already dead?

2. Excellent question!

3. There was plenty of luggage - clothes, shaving kits, etc. The food is weirder to me.

I'd assume that the food drops are meant for the Others, so why were they dropped for the survivors?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

The whole black smoke taking Ecko and throwing him all over the place was absurd. I think I might be done with this show. I didn't start until halfway through last season, so I'm not as invested as others, but it isn't intriguing enough to make me put up with the black smoke silliness.

And I think the pretty blonde chic is screwing with Jack. She's going to wind up being the bad guy.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Well, since the main hatch blew up all of those magnetic properties of the island are now gone. The better question is, why didn't Locke lose his ability to walk, and Rose's cancer advance?

The Hydra Station is on another island and some others have now moved over there and set up camp in the Hydra station. The "community" they showed at the beginning of S3 episode 1 is on the same island as the Losties.
    My answer to the first one is that Ben was on the castaway's island for a good period of time before the hatch explosion/implosion.

Then how did the polar bears supposedly escape/be let free and wind up on the other island? Global Warming? Ice flows?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The whole black smoke taking Ecko and throwing him all over the place was absurd. I think I might be done with this show. I didn't start until halfway through last season, so I'm not as invested as others, but it isn't intriguing enough to make me put up with the black smoke silliness.

And I think the pretty blonde chic is screwing with Jack. She's going to wind up being the bad guy.
    This is a reappearance for the black smoke thing and I think its absurd as well. (My wife stopped watching early on because she thought the black smoke was stupid.) I wonder if it went away so long because the people who make the show could see its silliness but brought it back due to pressure to explain its appearance in the early episodes. That is at least my rationalization that allows me to keep watching. I like the rest of the show.

I think the blonde will be the bad guy as well. I actually think the leader of the others (I can't keep track of character names as well as some) is in on it too. I think they are testing Jack to see if he'll agree to kill the guy.

do the words "jump the shark" mean anything to you people

The network has announced it is moving Lost from Wednesdays at 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. when the show returns February 7, in order to avoid Fox's returning reality show American Idol. Last season's top-rated series, Idol returns January 16.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I think this is ridiculous. All the networks are adjusting their programming to avoid American Idol. Lame. All they're doing is forcing more people to watch Idol.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    The network has announced it is moving Lost from Wednesdays at 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. when the show returns February 7, in order to avoid Fox's returning reality show American Idol. Last season's top-rated series, Idol returns January 16.
    Head to Head with South Park

Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Looks like they don't respect its authoritay.

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I think this is ridiculous. All the networks are adjusting their programming to avoid American Idol. Lame. All they're doing is forcing more people to watch Idol.
    You aren't going to beat Idol. Those shows have the same demographic. Pretty smart move by ABC. Although with DVR I will watch both of them on Saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    You aren't going to beat Idol. Those shows have the same demographic. Pretty smart move by ABC. Although with DVR I will watch both of them on Saturday morning.
    Do they really? I always thought the main demographic for Idol was teenage girls and my wife. The only year I watched it, it seemed like the only contestants who were safe week to week were the ones you might find in the pages of Tiger Beat or Young Miss, while all the decent singers were getting voted off.

And hasn't Idol been up against Lost before? Is this a sign that the network has lost confidence in Lost?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Is this a sign that the network has lost confidence in Lost?
    Perhaps some. Last I heard the ratings were slipping, and I know that I'm one of a number of fans who are beginning to grumble about the writing.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?