Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should be our expectations for Cozart and Mez?

What should be our expectations for Cozart and Mez?

If we can some how get avg 280 15-20hr 75rbi from Meseroco and avg 265 15hr 70 RBIs from Cozart we should make up for the lack of production in left field if things don't work out. What you think?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What should be our expectations for Cozart and Mez?

Im not sure we need that much run production but it would make for a potent offense if we did get that. Im not sure you will see Mes Touch those numbers as he will spilt alot of time with Hanningan. Now if hannigan and Mes Put up 100 rbis together then we in the making for a championship team.

I hope Mez is the type of catcher that can play every game against left handers and Righties..if he plays well has to play 75% percent of the time...heck stubbs plays almost every game,I know he not that bad

I think both of those expectations are a bit much.

I look for Cozart at .260/10/50

.....and Mes at .260/15/65

And for the record, I think Hannigan is the better catcher in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    And for the record, I think Hannigan is the better catcher in 2012.
    I will agree with that. It will take Mes sometime to learn how to call the mlb level.Hannigan has the time and calls a great game. Im not sure we need the catchers to produce at the plate as much as behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    I think both of those expectations are a bit much.

I look for Cozart at .260/10/50

.....and Mes at .260/15/65
    this makes more sense imo

I think they will both finish in the top five in ROY due to the fact they both play premium positions and I hope to see them both hitting over .270 with 15HR and 75 RBIs

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    I think they will both finish in the top five in ROY due to the fact they both play premium positions and I hope to see them both hitting over .270 with 15HR and 75 RBIs
    The beauty of sports is that you never truly know how things will turn out. I love the Reds and am quite optimistic about the season. I will be amazed if both hit over .270. If they do, the road to the pennant will be whole lot easier than I am thinking it will be. Mesoraco showed good power, but nothing to make me think .270 will be reached. As for Cozart, he hit well in his brief appearance, but in his minor league numbers don't make me confident he will hit .270 in the Bigs either. We shall see.

I'm not expecting that much out of Mes at the plate, .230-.250 range, he'll be concentrating more on the defensive side of things. Cozart I suspect will be over .270.

I just hope defensively Mes really proves hes worthy to be up with the big club. The bat I'm not really worried about. Cozart should bat around .260-.275 with 15 HR and 60 rbi. Hopefully anyways. I think that would be pretty good numbers. Who knows one or both may surprise the heck outta us.

I don't really think it's out of the question to see Mes around .260/.320/.450, though I'd predict something closer to .250 average with a .420 slugging.

Cozart will probably post a similar slash, maybe a little less.

Both could easily hit between 10-15 homeruns, even with a split in playing time at catcher.

Mesoraco showed the ability to hit well for contact in the minors, i excpect the same thing in the majors.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaySongz View Post
    If we can some how get avg 280 15-20hr 75rbi from Meseroco and avg 265 15hr 70 RBIs from Cozart we should make up for the lack of production in left field if things don't work out. What you think?
    I'm guessing Mes is not going to play nearly enough for those numbers. I think he will have good splits, but be a part time player. I will say .262/12HR/46RBI.

Cozart, I feel pretty much the opposite. I'm not completely sold on his bat and even less sold on his power. I think he will be a decent every day SS though, so I'll give him .267/9HR/53RBI

I'd expect something like a .260/.330/.410 line from Mesoraco sounds reasonable. It'd be great if he outperformed that, but I think that's about what we'll get out of him.

Cozart is a bit more difficult for me to peg. I don't think he'll walk very much, but he'll show some power while hitting for decent average. I'll go with a line of .270/.300/.400 for Cozart. Couple that with some strong defense, and I'll take that from my SS.

Turn Off Ads?