Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bengals waive Kenny Irons

Bengals waive Kenny Irons

boy that worked out well for us...

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6894

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bengals waive Kenny Irons

He will be back, it's just to get him off the roster. He'll be back next year probably.

http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/blog

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Another successful early draft pick by Marvin and co.

Kijana Carter... Chris Perry... Kenny Irons... My goodness

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I actually loved the KiJana Carter pick at the time. Then he got hurt and turned into the softest football I've ever seen. A fly could tackle him.

Chris was/is one heckuva a football player. Injuries have cost him and the Bengals. Even though he's a good player, I didn't like the pick at all. I thought they reached for him and needed other positions.

I somewhat liked the Irons pick. I wish they had gone for defense again, but I really thought he was going to be a steal in the 2nd round. Stupid injuries.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Can the Bengals really be blamed for how these picks turned out? All the scouting in the world won't keep a player from getting injured. They could have picked someone else in those spots and they could have gotten hurt also. You really never know.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Can the Bengals really be blamed for how these picks turned out? All the scouting in the world won't keep a player from getting injured. They could have picked someone else in those spots and they could have gotten hurt also. You really never know.
    They can't be blamed for the injuries, but they can be blamed for taking Perry and Irons when they had other significant needs to address. Perry was injury prone in college, so I don't think it's a fluke that it's happened in the pros. The Irons injury was a fluke, but we could have waited until much later in the draft to address the position.

Irons had an history of injuries in college as well.

Both the Perry and Irons picks were stupid then and are stupid now, but what do you expect from such a clueless organization.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Irons had an history of injuries in college as well.

Both the Perry and Irons picks were stupid then and are stupid now, but what do you expect from such a clueless organization.
    You're right, it completely slipped my mind about Irons. I was just relieved this past draft when we didn't draft Mike Hart in the 2nd round. I thought that was a shoe in

Irons cleared waivers and the Bengals put him on the season ending reserve list.

Update: Irons back
    By GEOFF HOBSON
    July 28, 2008

Posted: 7:40 p.m.

GEORGETOWN, Ky. - Running back Kenny Irons cleared waivers Monday and is now on the Bengals' season-ending injured reserve list for the second time in his two-year career.

One bright spot for Irons.

Head coach Marvin Lewis said he's about where Chris Perry was last year, and Perry looked like the old Perry Monday morning. He did what he was doing in the spring, sticking his injured ankle in the ground and getting upfield.

Irons has had to battle scar tissue since his reconstructive knee surgery last August stemming from an ACL injury in his NFL debut in the preseason opener.

Source: http://bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6903

Only the Bengals could lose a guy with an ACL injury for two whole years.

Yeah, I've never ever heard of this. The dude went down with an ACL tear in LAST seasons' pregames. How is he going to miss another entire season? I was under the impression that with ACL tears, it's about a one year full recovery period, max. I have never heard of a 24 month recovery period. I'm not one to point fingers at the medical staff or anything, since we really have no clue to as why somebody's hurt or what not, but that can't exactly sit well with many people. A freakin' 24 month recovery for an ACL? Did they butcher the surgery or something?

Apparently he had setbacks with scar tissue.

It sounds like Irons is gone for good this time:

Irons waived again
    By GEOFF HOBSON
    August 4, 2008

Posted: 1:50 p.m.

The Bengals officially severed ties with running back Kenny Irons on Monday when they waived him off injured reserve. Irons has had complications stemming from reconstructive knee surgey with his Bengals career consisting of just preseason carries before he tore his anterior cruciate ligament.

Source: http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6922

Please, no more preseaon games at Detroit.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Turn Off Ads?