Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Donovan and UK...

Re: Billy Donovan and UK...

Just remember that we haven't had the great ping-ball drop yet, so we don't know in what order the draft will actually occur yet.

PS: I love www.nbadraft.net too.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Noah could've been the top pick last year but decided to stay and win another ring. . . which is fine by me. But he lost a lot on the draft boards by staying because I think he regressed as the year went along.

If a team valued a high-energy guy so much, Mark Madsen would've been a lottery pick. Ironically, Mark Madsen is still a better dancer than Noah.
    Let me be clear - I'm not saying Noah is a top 5 pick. I'm just saying that I think he will be a very good NBA player. I am not talking all-star, more like a Shane Battier.

And Noah and Madsen aren't in the same arena basketball wise. Noah has offensive moves, can block shots and is a good free throw shooter. Madsen is a rebounder and a guy who'll use fouls. Just cause they both have energy doesn't make them a valid comparasion
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post

And Noah and Madsen aren't in the same arena basketball wise. Noah has offensive moves, can block shots and is a good free throw shooter.
    He is?

You don't pick up a high energy guy in the lottery. Quite frankly I don't listen to many people when they talk about the NBA draft anymore. People were honestly talking about taking Kevin Durant over Greg Oden. That was high comedy and there is absolutely no chance of that happening.

Almost as laughable as the Carmelo vs Lebron debate of a few years ago. Sport talk hosts and call in fans just don't get it. Unless you have Michael Jordan you don't win titles in the NBA. Look at the list and you see a ton of Robinson/Duncan/Oneal/Parrish/Jabbar names.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    He is?
    He is low 70's - not bad for a big guy. He looks horible, but its actually quite effective.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    You don't pick up a high energy guy in the lottery. Quite frankly I don't listen to many people when they talk about the NBA draft anymore. People were honestly talking about taking Kevin Durant over Greg Oden. That was high comedy and there is absolutely no chance of that happening.

Almost as laughable as the Carmelo vs Lebron debate of a few years ago. Sport talk hosts and call in fans just don't get it. Unless you have Michael Jordan you don't win titles in the NBA. Look at the list and you see a ton of Robinson/Duncan/Oneal/Parrish/Jabbar names.
    You do know the lottery is 13 picks deep right?

And yes, its "high comedy" to question whether a the first freshman to ever win the Naismith award is worthy of the number 1 pick.

You sure are funny Cedric! Not in a ha ha way. More in a different way.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

I'm not sure whether this is news or not, but the reports are out that UK has asked for permission to speak to Donovan and that the Florida AD has granted that permission. I think it was a given that this was going to happen, though, so probably not that newsworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    You do know the lottery is 13 picks deep right?

And yes, its "high comedy" to question whether a the first freshman to ever win the Naismith award is worthy of the number 1 pick.

You sure are funny Cedric! Not in a ha ha way. More in a different way.
    Greg Oden would have to had broke both his legs to go second in the NBA draft. That or Elgin Baylor takes over the team picking first.

And I really didn't know you thought Durant would go over Oden or that it was possible. I was talking about sports radio fans mostly. Sorry if that came off as a personal attack.
    Last edited by Cedric; 04-04-2007 at 11:57 PM.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by cincy jacket View Post
    Then on top of that we get stuck with someone like Few or Crean.
    ...and that would be bad for UK? Both of those guys are great coaches. Mark Few would be my top choice if I was UK and Donovan says no.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Greg Oden would have to had broke both his legs to go second in the NBA draft. That or Elgin Baylor takes over the team picking first.

And I really didn't know you thought Durant would go over Oden or that it was possible. I was talking about sports radio fans mostly. Sorry if that came off as a personal attack.
    Actually I didn't - I always thought Oden was number 1.

My point was, though, that Durant is special. Special in the Dirk N type way. He's Dirk or Kevin Garnett and if a team took him number 1, well its not like Mario over Reggie Bush type stupid. I'd still take Oden, but I think the argument at least has some merit.

Think of it this way - and forget that Sam Bowie was the number 2 pick - but if the Rockets had chosen Jordan over Hakeem would it have been that bad? Hakeem was a franchise center. Better at the time of the draft than Oden and top 4 center all time. But Jordan is Jordan. Are the rockets upset - hell no, they won two titles with Hakeem, but there is an argument there.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Durant is no Jordan

No one is Jordan - but Durant is special. How can you guys claim to be basketball fans and watch this kid and not see how truly good he is.

He's 6'9 with a smooth, fluid outside shot. He already has NBA 3 range at 19 years old. He has moves in the post that a guy with his jump shot shouldn't have.

Seriously, he's a little Dirk, a little KG and a little McGrady. He's a perennial all-star.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

His defense is a little cause for concern, but he is definitely good.

He has alot of wingspan, but how is he going to guard athletic SFs in the NBA, who are about as tall as him? He is quick but has no strength what so ever, and really doesn't have the build to gain alot of weight.

Then again, the NBA doesn't really play D anymore so he should be fine.

EDIT - i'm not saying he isn't going to be good, because he will be, just saying he isn't a lock to be a superstar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Then again, the NBA doesn't really play D anymore so he should be fine.
    I keep wondering where this notion comes from.

Search at http://databasebasketball.com/leader...asonsearch.htm shows me that in the last 30 years, of the 50 highest scoring teams (by season), exactly none of them have come from any year after 1991-92.

That's zero (0) in the last 15 years.

Sorting teams by field goal percentage, of the top 50, the most recent is the 1996-97 Utah Jazz at #38.

So I'm curious, if there's no defense played in the NBA, why team scoring averages and shooting percentages are down.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Interesting.... I was just going by watching the games. There are a ton of guys who just stand and watch, or so it seems. Maybe its because there are less dominate centers in the league, and most points are coming from 3s and long shots???

Anyways, I think Durant is going to be like a Rashard Lewis. Potential up to T-Mac, but I think he will end up being more of a Lewis.

Turn Off Ads?