Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Cincinnati Red is going to pitch a no-hitter / perfect game this season

A Cincinnati Red is going to pitch a no-hitter / perfect game this season

We are running hotter than fire. Book it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A Cincinnati Red is going to pitch a no-hitter / perfect game this season

Quote Originally Posted by Joesh View Post
    You jinxed it the second you hit the post button

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Redleg82 View Post
    You jinxed it the second you hit the post button
    Typed book it before hitting post button obviously and thus it is already booked and is immune to jinxing.

Typed book it before hitting post button obviously and thus it is already booked and is immune to jinxing.
    I like your optimism, hope you're right. We certainly have the arms to do it

Bronson got close and considering the shutouts, complete games, and few-hitters our pitchers have been throwing its a serious possibility that it happens this season.

EMAW

Reds would be a good candidate, super good defenders with range and a couple of streaky pitchers. Latos is my bet, some night he will have 12 k's and a undermanned team (Astros?) will be the victim

While I wouldn't quite "book it," I can definitely see it happening. In fact, I thought the same thing a few days ago myself, I think when Latos pitched last.

No hitters/perfect games are available now more than ever. There are some cruddy teams with only a decent player or two.....

You gotta catch a team that swings away and rarely works the count because the Reds pitchers aren't greatly efficient. Latos, Cueto and Bailey have the best stuff for one.....but IMO a young team (young players are often only good with fastballs) that just faced Latos or Homer and then faced Arroyo or Leake would be the most susceptible IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    No hitters/perfect games are available now more than ever. There are some cruddy teams with only a decent player or two.....

You gotta catch a team that swings away and rarely works the count because the Reds pitchers aren't greatly efficient. Latos, Cueto and Bailey have the best stuff for one.....but IMO a young team (young players are often only good with fastballs) that just faced Latos or Homer and then faced Arroyo or Leake would be the most susceptible IMO.
    Arroyo and Leake has been the closest of late.
    "I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball." - Pete Rose

Redleger13

False
    Mr. Redlegs - 2012

My guess is no one throws a no hitter. But if some does I think Latos has the best shot. It seems like Cueto gives up 7 or 8 hits every start so I don't see him doing it. Two weeks ago I might have said Bailey but not anymore.

Neither Cueto or Bailey have the stuff for no-hitters. Latos is the only one.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Neither Cueto or Bailey have the stuff for no-hitters. Latos is the only one.
    Saying that about Bailey, understandable. Cueto on the other hand I disagree. One of the N.L. leaders in E.R.A. last few years, only has seven less strikeouts than Latos this year and Cueto issues less free passes. They both do have about the same WHIP, but unless Latos cuts down on the walks, wild pitches, and pitch count he has a less chance of throwing a no-no/perfect game than Cueto.
    Last edited by Mr.Redleg82; 08-07-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Redleg82 View Post
    Saying that about Bailey, understandable. Cueto on the other hand I disagree. One of the N.L. leaders in E.R.A. last few years, only has seven less strikeouts than Latos this year and Cueto issues less free passes. They both do have about the same WHIP, but unless Latos cuts down on the walks, wild pitches, and pitch count he has a less chance of throwing a no-no/perfect game than Cueto.
    Cueto has no better stuff than Bailey, maybe in the end, he has less impressive breaking stuff. The only difference is Cueto has masterful mechanics while Bailey doesn't......yet. Mechanics are everything.

Neither have the type of fastball to throw a no hitter.

Turn Off Ads?