Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2013

part of BBN

Re: UK Football 2012

These kids havent signed but one that was FSU bound , 4 star DT Deadrin Senate is now considering and due to visit UK.
    Notice this that has been tweeted today and the follow up tweet :

T.J. Walker‏@TWalkerRivals

A couple 4stars “@RowlandRIVALS: Have learned 4-star DT Deadrin Senate will likely take official to #UK w/ Mackensie & Mackenro Alexander

Michael Langston‏@MichaelWarchant

@TWalkerRivals Would not shock me if they got all three. Stoops always had a great relationship with Immokalee
    (Florida)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Did you know that that Woulard kid sent the JOKE and company tapes and they wouldn't even call him back?

Now that that bumbling failure is at UF, I guess someone finally told him to recruit the guy.
    Yes WMR, Joker never gave him a glance when he reached out to UK. That is hard to believe but apparently true.
    This kid signing would be huge ! Obviously, no one knows how HS kids will translate to college and many do indeed fizzle.
    I do know that I read a scout's take on him the other day and he was described as having Cam Newton type ability even as a freshman.
    I am not saying by any means he would/will have that kind of success, only these are the type players we always read about the Bama's,LSU's etc being mentioned with. (As an example, now Florida is in on Woulard )
    Stoops is getting the ball rolling and maybe a 5 or 6 win first season and an exciting style offense with keep it rolling.

How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

part of BBN

This could be a huge recruiting weekend for UK football.

Another Ohio guy headed toward Lexington :

Lovell Peterson 6-3 280 Huber Heights, Ohio commits today !!

According to ESPN, had offers from WVU and Illinois and others such as OSU and UC had shown some interest.

Also 4 Star WR Ryan Timmons has cancelled his visit to OSU which may mean good things for UK.

part of BBN

Asiantii Woulard tweeted this pic today while visiting UK ! Maybe he will announce before he leaves.
    Last edited by jmac; 01-12-2013 at 02:52 PM.

part of BBN

From the State of Ohio, Kyle Meadows, a 3 star OL, with offers from Florida St, West Virginia and Louisville has said today he will wear BLUE !
    Go Stoops Go !

part of BBN

Javess Blue, a JUCO wide receiver, has signed with Kentucky today. Blue, who was also considering offers from Arizona State, Mississippi State, Texas A&M, and West Virginia.
    One write up says this on him : This JUCO WR is one of the more sought after prospects in this class. He is a big wide receiver with great hands. Blue is also a precise route runner, who has the strength to shake off would-be tacklers to get yards after the catch. He’d be a great addition to Kentucky’s offense… and ready to contribute immediately. He and offensive coordinator Neal Brown are familiar with each other from his visit to Texas Tech in early December.

I am not expecting a 9 or 10 win season next year but you have to be impressed with what Stoops is doing in the short time span since taking the job.

If you check out the below link of ESPN's JUCO rankings......Stoops & UK has brought the #11 and # 12 on board.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...or-college-100
    Last edited by jmac; 01-13-2013 at 07:01 PM.

part of BBN

Trinity’s Jason Hatcher who decomitted from USC earlier to host UK on in home visit.
    USC, Alabama, Arkansas, TexasAM, Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida also after Hatcher.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Trinity’s Jason Hatcher who decomitted from USC earlier to host UK on in home visit.
    USC, Alabama, Arkansas, TexasAM, Notre Dame, Michigan, Florida also after Hatcher.
    You forgot to list UofL who is the leader to land him and also is hosting him for his last visit before signing day. And he hasn't decommitted from USC and is actually visiting them next week.

If stoops gets him out of Louisville it will be a major steal.
    Last edited by joshnky; 01-13-2013 at 09:14 PM.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    You forgot to list UofL who is the leader to land him and also is hosting him for his last visit before signing day. And he hasn't decommitted from USC and is actually visiting them next week.

If stoops gets him out of Louisville it will be a major steal.
    The report I read said he had decommited. My bad.
    He did post on twitter, he is very impressed with the fan interest in UK football now,so UK has a shot at least.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    The report I read said he had decommited. My bad.
    He did post on twitter, he is very impressed with the fan interest in UK football now,so UK has a shot at least.
    Like I said it would be quite the steal. I think USC is still the leader but UofL has gained ground by virtue of the sugar bowl win, the commitment of Quick, and USC's poor showing this year. The February visit should also help.

UK fans have to be excited that Stoops at least is attempting to recruit at Trinity.

Speaking of Trinity, someone (UofL or UK) should go ahead and offer Ralph Dawkins's kid. Bobby Petrino has to enjoy that those two are at least giving him a shot at a player like Dawkins.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Looks like after the combination of USC's season and U of L's Bowl win and UK's new coach, that USC comitted percentage wouldnt be so high.

Whether Stoops gets him or not, it is nice to see him going after these top guys or I'll say trying to recruit with the big boys.
    Joker appeared to look at it, like "we wont get them so why bother".
    Last edited by jmac; 01-14-2013 at 06:49 PM.

part of BBN

Reese Phillips : This kid has already enrolled at UK. Sort of puzzling since they have MSmith,Towles, Whitelow and are activily after Asiantii Woulard.
    I wonder if they are wondering about Smith's and Towles durability.
    Anywho....here is what Coach Stoops had to say about and a short youtube clip. 6'3 and pro style and looks like a nice arm.

LEXINGTON, Ky. - Former Signal Mountain quarterback Reese Phillips, who was the Most Valuable Player of the Tennessee High School East/West All-Star Classic in December, has enrolled at the University of Kentucky for the spring semester, head coach Mark Stoops announced Wednesday.

"We're excited about Reese getting started with us," Stoops said. "Being able to enroll at mid-year and go through spring practice will greatly help his development."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaTdrobKkIU

Turn Off Ads?