Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I can't believe I'm even going to ask this question...

I can't believe I'm even going to ask this question...

Would anyone drop Chris Burke for Rich Aurilia?

I have Bill Hall as my SS on my big money league but I have no other SS on the roster. I have Chris Burke currently on my bench but I also have Utley and Howie Kendrick to fill my 2B and MI spots. I would like to have a SS on my bench to cover Halls off days and possibly cover if I have to move Hall to 3B to replace Chavez.

My 2 best waiver wire options right now are Aurilia and Orlando Cabrera.

Aurilia obviously can play all INF positions, so that is also a bonus. He is currently set to hit 5th ith the outside possibility of hitting 3rd if Bonds moves to cleanup.

Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: I can't believe I'm even going to ask this question...

I don't think it's a bad idea a all. Aurilia was on my team last year and I used him the exact same way, to cover my infield off day spots. He was eligible at a lot of positions.

I think it is a good move.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I'd do it, not because I don't believe in Burke but with Utley and Kendrick you're in obviously great shape. As much as I dislike Aurilia, I have him on a couple teams because of his multi-position ability, occasional power, and decent BA. As a side note, I really like Burke and expect him to have a nice year.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Cabrera will give you SBs but that is about all. Rich is supposed to play everyday - he will give you power and Average. I say take Rich A.

I've got both Rich & Ty Wiggington on my bench right now. They both qualify for a bunch of positions, and I figure they'll offer help should there be a late spring training/early season injury. They'll give me a ton of flexiability and fill in for those early season off days.

What I really miss is not having a Willingham, Inge or Craig wilson type that qualify as both a C and another spot. Its awfully nice knowing that when your main catcher has a day off, you've got someone to replace them that will most likely be in the lineup and not given the frequent off days that your typical catcher sees.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    What I really miss is not having a Willingham, Inge or Craig wilson type that qualify as both a C and another spot. Its awfully nice knowing that when your main catcher has a day off, you've got someone to replace them that will most likely be in the lineup and not given the frequent off days that your typical catcher sees.
    Yeah, that is why I targeted and luckily got Piazza in my main money league. He should have no problems getting 500 ABs as a DH and has the catcher eligibilty.

I look to target him this weekend in my other money league as well.

Turn Off Ads?