Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn please come to Redsfest

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Adam Dunn please come to Redsfest

Last year was my first year at Redsfest and it was a blast. My only gripe was the absence of Adam Dunn. I'm not sure if I quite understand what his thinking is. I think making an appearance like this would be a huge step towards winning over the fans. Maybe he doesn't care what we think, but I have a hard time believing that. Adam seems like a guy that would be fun to go and have a beer with, his teamates like him, he has a good sense of humor, why not reach out and become a poster child for Reds baseball. I can understand if he has obligations on that weekend every year that he cannot cancel, but if not it's just one weekend(actually one day is all he would have to show up for) that he would have to give up, and who knows he might enjoy it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Adam Dunn please come to Redsfest

Man, I am bummed, I have never been to RedsFest. I live in NC, and got married during RedsFest last year, so missed the first one back, and am in a wedding here this year too. Next year, thats my anniversary trip!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    Last year was my first year at Redsfest and it was a blast. My only gripe was the absence of Adam Dunn.
    His first child was being born right around RedsFest, so he couldn't make it.

Who Cares? the absence of Adam Dunn only makes me want to go to Redsfest.. The reds dont need ol noodle arm, who carries a lead glove, they need actual players.. not overpaid AL DH's in the NL..

I, too, hope that Adam makes an appearance this year. Just to let you know, though, he usually comes. I've been to the past four or five and I believe last year was the first year he didn't attend; which was understandable considering the birth of his son.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    Who Cares? the absence of Adam Dunn only makes me want to go to Redsfest.. The reds dont need ol noodle arm, who carries a lead glove, they need actual players.. not overpaid AL DH's in the NL..
    Save such a foolish comment for people who are not Reds fans.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by aaronboonefan View Post
    I, too, hope that Adam makes an appearance this year. Just to let you know, though, he usually comes. I've been to the past four or five and I believe last year was the first year he didn't attend; which was understandable considering the birth of his son.
    Good to hear, hopefully he is there this year then. Like I said before he seems like a very nice guy.

He actually is a pretty down to earth cool guy. Met him at Hooters and he invited me to sit down and have a beer with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he was there this year. If not, I'm sure he has a good reason.

I hope he, as well as more Reds come this year. Last year the only really good Reds players who were there signing were Arroyo and Phillips. I would like to see Griffey make it, though he'll probably find some lame excuse not to make it. I would also like to see Harang. I got to talk to Jay Bruce last year, and that was really fun. I also got to meet a few more minor leaguers. I really love the players on the rise thing too. I hope Votto is there too.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Senor Votto

If the majority of fans would quit calling for his head then he'd probably go. Dunn is one of my favorite players and I hate to see him get treated like it's his fault the Reds haven't made the playoffs.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    If the majority of fans would quit calling for his head then he'd probably go. Dunn is one of my favorite players and I hate to see him get treated like it's his fault the Reds haven't made the playoffs.
    Couldn't agree more, at times I wish that more Reds fans could get behind the players that they do have and create a better atmosphere for the players. If you were a free agent, bad weather unexciting town aside, would you want to come here with the way we treat JR and Dunn. I wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I would like to see Griffey make it, though he'll probably find some lame excuse not to make it.
    Spending time with his family, after spending 7 months or so away from them, is a completely lame excuse to not make it. Griffey sucks and is selfish!!111

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I hope he, as well as more Reds come this year. Last year the only really good Reds players who were there signing were Arroyo and Phillips. I would like to see Griffey make it, though he'll probably find some lame excuse not to make it. I would also like to see Harang. I got to talk to Jay Bruce last year, and that was really fun. I also got to meet a few more minor leaguers. I really love the players on the rise thing too. I hope Votto is there too.
    I think JR used to make a cameo regularly

Quote Originally Posted by bengalsown View Post
    Spending time with his family, after spending 7 months or so away from them, is a completely lame excuse to not make it. Griffey sucks and is selfish!!111
    The season ended for Griffey in mid September. Is it too much to come back to Cincinnati to hang out for a couple days in December. I'm sure he had plenty of time to catch up. I understand that after all that time away from his family he needs to see them, but two days isn't going to kill him.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Pretty sure griffey will have gigs like this to show up for the rest of his life.. why not let him live his life during the offseason.. unlike alot of current major leaguers.. he will have a lifetime job being a spokeman and model for the MLB.. especially having been the greatest or tied for it with steroid man in this era.. Many players know their light only lasts a few years soo they must soak it in.. but griff.. that guy will be busy doing cameos all the rest of his life at mlb parties.. soo I dont have a problem with him trying to be there for his kids while they grow up..

Turn Off Ads?