Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay Bruce: "Sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're at home or on the road."

Jay Bruce: "Sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're at home or on the road."

ctrent ‏@ctrent
    Jay Bruce: 'sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're at home or on the road'

ctrent ‏@ctrent
    considering mike leak and drew stubbs were booed on wednesday in what was then still a close game puts context to jay's words

ctrent ‏@ctrent
    and, yeah, i'm gonna say it. nobody's ever said that about st. louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Jay Bruce: "Sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're at home or on the road."

If the fans did boo, I agree that it's bad. Back the team no matter what. They're not trying to lose. Leake wasn't trying to pitch badly. Arredondo didn't mean to pitch batting practice.

Win or lose, be cool and be proud of this team.

Re: Jay Bruce: "Sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're at home or on the road."

I was at both games and there was minimal booing at best. Leake actually got cheered by most people when he was running off after being pulled. I think Jay might be overreacting here.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I heard heavy booing on TV for Arredondo.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

My source tells me they were saying "Boo-urns"

Worth The Wait

Players normally do overreact to this. 35,000 can cheer and 2,000 can boo, but they always only hear the latter....nature of humans I guess.

This is why being at home for the game tomorrow is awful. Always better to play these "it looks like we are about to choke" games on the road...the fans will only aid the tension tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    I did hear that. And I assume that would happen in any stadium in the world after his performance. I'm not being defensive or dismissal of what Jay is saying. I just think his timing is odd and inappropriate.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I did hear that. And I assume that would happen in any stadium in the world after his performance. I'm not being defensive or dismissal of what Jay is saying. I just think his timing is odd and inappropriate.
    I don't see the kind of booing I see in GABP in other places. It's possible I'm just not watching the right games though. For me, you only boo your own guy when it's a matter of effort. Lollygagging, not having your head in the game, hot dog antics on a routine play and he flubs, etc. That's why they're the home team.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Jay Bruce should concentrate on winning a ballgame.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    ctrent ‏@ctrent
    and, yeah, i'm gonna say it. nobody's ever said that about st. louis
    I don't really get this. Cincinnati is not and will probably never be in my lifetime the baseball town that St Louis is, so why even attempt to make the comparison?

And I would have booed Arrendondo entrance onto the field and Dusty's decision. Leake, there was really no choice. Although I may have just laughed at him had I been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbley View Post
    I dont think the booing was directed at Arredondo as much as it was the decision to leave him in there after the 3rd of 3 batters hit a laser. He clearly was not fooling anyone, it should have been a quick trigger to Hoover while the game was still within reach.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Jay Bruce should concentrate on winning a ballgame.
    I don't disagree with what he said, but yeah not the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I'm not a booer, ok, maybe to the Steelers

The fans pay good money to go to these games. Jay and the rest of them make even more win or lose.

Suck it up. Win tomorrow and you will hear that stadium louder than it has ever been.

I hope the fans don't turn into Philly or Atlanta fans if they lose. THAT would wrong!
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 10-10-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Thought this was going to be about scoring 4 runs in 19 innings at home so far.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

It's not the time. I think we have a good fan base. I hope they're cheering tomorrow. We haven't won a playoff game in this city in almost 20 years. I hope he thinks about that on his drive home.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Turn Off Ads?