Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who gets the first call from AAA?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yonder Alonso

3 6.82%
  • Zack Cozart

22 50.00%
  • Juan Francisco or Todd Frazier (explain below)

1 2.27%
  • Jeremy Hermida

1 2.27%
  • Devin Mesoraco

1 2.27%
  • Dave Sappelt

1 2.27%
  • Dontrelle Willis

6 13.64%
  • None of these get called up before the ASB

9 20.45%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Gets Called First From AAA?

Re: Who Gets Called First From AAA?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I know. And I'm not gonna fight tooth and nail over it. Just pointing out my reasoning.
    Reds would be very foolish to send Janish down. I know he has some errors but he is a superior fielder at several positions. He would be a good bench player IMO, filling in on the infield.

I wouldn't worry about the third SS right now. Worse comes to worse, Valaika can back up at SS.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds would be very foolish to send Janish down. I know he has some errors but he is a superior fielder at several positions. He would be a good bench player IMO, filling in on the infield.

I wouldn't worry about the third SS right now. Worse comes to worse, Valaika can back up at SS.
    Whether its DFA Edgar or optioning Paul, its hard for me to consider either decision foolish. More like picking your favorite poison.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    If Cozart bombs, he'll still outplay Renteria, so the Reds would lose nothing.
    Renteria will not likely be this bad for the rest of the year. Cozart might be completely overmatched.

I don't think it matters that much but given that Janish has the option, that's what I'd do.

Going against the grain here. I think if Cozart were coming up he'd be here already. With a trip to DH land looming, the offense continuing to struggle and the opponents 2 of the few teams in need of a long term answer at 1B, I'm going with Alonso for both the spark and the showcase.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Renteria will not likely be this bad for the rest of the year. Cozart might be completely overmatched.

I don't think it matters that much but given that Janish has the option, that's what I'd do.
    He OPS'd .635 2 years ago and he was 2 years younger then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He OPS'd .635 2 years ago and he was 2 years younger then.
    Injury riddled year. He's old I know, but just putting that season in perspective.

Injury riddled year. He's old I know, but just putting that season in perspective.
    He OPS'd .699 3 years ago and he was three years younger then.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

He OPS'd .699 3 years ago and he was three years younger then.
    Not impressive, I know. But I expect him to improve on his numbers this season so far. I don't think he is good.

Not impressive, I know. But I expect him to improve on his numbers this season so far. I don't think he is good.
    I think he gon get cut.

I think he gon get cut.
    Very possible. Not what I'd do. But its about a coin flip as to the correct decision for me.

Very possible. Not what I'd do. But its about a coin flip as to the correct decision for me.
    Honestly, it depends how Cozart's defense is. Obviously the organization knows it better than us, but if he's good with the glove I could see the argument of keeping Edgar and sending Janish to AAA.

I'm just afraid if they do that Dusty will play Renteria over Cozart. Sometimes you need to protect Dusty from himself.

I'm just afraid if they do that Dusty will play Renteria over Cozart. Sometimes you need to protect Dusty from himself.
    Like kaldaniels, it's coin flip for me too but this is a good point.

Pretty surprising that it's Friday morning and we still have no idea who is coming up today. We do know there are at least 2 spots free on the 40-man, and Horst has been sent to Louisville...
    Go BLUE!!!

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    Well you have to take into consideration that Janish plays better defense. My speech to Janish is you had the oppertunity to prove yourself as an every day SS and we feel its time to give way to Cozart. Use Janish as a defensive replacement either at SS or better yet 3rd.
    This seems like the right move for a team that needs their pitching and defense to perform every day. Janish (and his arm) plays a superior third base as well as shortstop. He's a perfect sub to give Rolen a breather in any game where we're trying to maintain a lead and he can stand in for Cozart whenever Cozie needs a little cage time to work through a slump as young players often do. Renteria really has no place on this team. This just seems like the natural progression of this Reds team. ...That and Matt Kemp in left field could complete this group.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Turn Off Ads?