Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBA Mock Draft

Re: 2012 NBA Mock Draft

Nuggets go back to back with Baylor Quincy's. Miller could be a great find. His knee wasn't quite right last season, but should be better now. He's tall and might fill out into a floating four, a la Orlando's Anderson.

Nuggets continue to pick wisely, IMO.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good job tonight, guys. This is probably the best draft analysis I've seen. Dead serious. Especially for a fringe NBA fan like myself. Fun to hear your guys' thoughts on this stuff.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Portland gets Barton, whom I like a lot (assuming he adds weight). Long range shooter, might be good enough to start as early as next season. Good rebounder. Decent handle.

Tyshawn Taylor apparently goes to Brooklyn.

All three of their fans are upset at the pick.

Doron Lamb goes to Milwaukee.

Nice combo guard for the Bucks to play behind Ellis and Jennings. Instant offense, great defense, very good handle. At this point, Lamb is really underrated.

The Bucks, with Henson and Lamb added to Dalembert, Ellis, Jennings-- there's a lot to like there. If Tobias Harris can blossom a bit (and he's got the talent) or if they can sign Ilyasova, they might be fun to see. Lots of speed, lots of pushing and shooting.

Might need to get to Wisconsin to watch a game. (Or at least go to Indy when they play there.)
    Last edited by Scrap Irony; 06-28-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Love the Detroit pick of Kim English. Great shooter, great range, good size. Might be the biggest steal of the Second Round so far.

New Orleans nabs Darius Miller with their third pick.

Great choice, IMO.

Can shoot, drive, rebound, and pass. Best asset is defensive ability. He's a shut-down defender and can stick in front of anyone from PG to PF.

I could see Miller starting with that team. Henry and Aminu might have something to say about that, as could a free agent. But Miller's a keeper.

They still need size, though.

Boston gets Kris Joseph late in the second round. Good pick, IMO. Good defender. Good shooter. Long and athletic. Small forward might take some minutes away from Pierce (though I think their first inclination is to try to re-sign Green).

Cavs deal with Dallas is official. Only addition is Azubuike goes to Cleveland with Zeller. Having seen the three draftees from Dallas, I think I'd rather have Zeller and Kelenna Azubuike.

Cleveland's team looks young, but talented:
    Irving PG
    Waiters SG
    Gee/ Casspi SF
    Verajao PF
    Zeller C

If Tristan Thompson develops, they could be decent as early as next season. Need some depth. Still needs to find shooters. Actually, Kelenna Azubuike might be an answer there. He's a career 41% 3-point shooter coming back from injury.
    Last edited by Scrap Irony; 06-28-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Looks like Rivers will play combo guard/ point for NOLA. They're looking for scoring.

Finally, I like a Dallas selection-- Darius Johnson-Odom from Marquette. Shooter, solid, good defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Finally, I like a Dallas selection-- Darius Johnson-Odom from Marquette. Shooter, solid, good defense.
    Pick is going to the Lakers. They bought it.

There's still some intriguing talent out there. Machado from Iona, Drew Gooden from New Mexico, Sacre from Gonzaga, Buford from OSU. I like Hummell at this point, too. Kevin Jones from WVU is a good value pick as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    Pick is going to the Lakers. They bought it.
    Well, then.

Nevermind.

Minnesota goes with Hummel. Like the pick. He can shoot both off the dribble and going through screens, good athlete with questionable knees. Productive. Might be a nice guy to have behind Budinger and Wiliams as a SF and as a roaming four behind Love.

Turn Off Ads?