Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Dozens injured in two explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Re: Dozens injured in two explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Did anyone catch 60 minutes last night? Apparently Dzhokhar had a gunshot wound to the leg from the previous night's shootout, but his "fresh wound" was one that entered his mouth and exited the back of the neck (according to the Boston Chief of Police). Sounds to me a lot like he attempted suicide shortly before his capture. Why isn't anyone else reporting this?

Seems to make a lot more sense than "he just gave up peacefully".
    That sounds a lot like the final scene in Fight Club.

"You met me at a very strange time in my life."
    Award Winning Baseball Player

2. Likes:

Raisor (04-22-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Link to Criminal complaint v. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, if anyone's interested in reading it.

http://legaltimes.typepad.com/files/...-complaint.pdf
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    It may be, or at least should be, but in a community that has so many people tied into the water in some form or fashion, the lose of a boat, and that the guy lifted up the boat cover to get an eyewitness account that the guy was in there probably touches their heart a little close to their own personal soft spot. They may donate $100 to the red cross, while deciding to throw $25 for the guy's boat b/c they can relate to someone's love of boating, but have never ran a marathon nor stood around watching someone complete a marathon.
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Did anyone catch 60 minutes last night? Apparently Dzhokhar had a gunshot wound to the leg from the previous night's shootout, but his "fresh wound" was one that entered his mouth and exited the back of the neck (according to the Boston Chief of Police). Sounds to me a lot like he attempted suicide shortly before his capture. Why isn't anyone else reporting this?

Seems to make a lot more sense than "he just gave up peacefully".
    I watched, and that's been reported a lot actually, or at least I've heard it a lot. Not sure if it was self-inflicted or from a cop's gun.

I thought the best part of last night's '60 Minutes' was the segment on the bomb-sniffing dogs. That was fascinating. What an incredible animal (and weapon) those dogs are. I was glad to hear they receive the same ceremonial burial as a soldier if they're killed in action. They definitely have the attention of our enemies, because a Taliban soldier said they are trained to go after the dogs before worrying about American soldiers.

How would all fo you felt if a US drone took out a US citizen on US soil ? This was an option explored with the younger brother.

Most interesting tidbit I think of todays news was that the older brother was denied US citizenship and that is what made him return to Russia last year. What makes that even more puzzling is that the US reason for denying him was because of his prior arrest. So basically they are saying your too dangerous too be a citizen but your more then welcome to come back here on a 6 month visa. Really makes no sense.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    How would all fo you felt if a US drone took out a US citizen on US soil ? This was an option explored with the younger brother.

Most interesting tidbit I think of todays news was that the older brother was denied US citizenship and that is what made him return to Russia last year. What makes that even more puzzling is that the US reason for denying him was because of his prior arrest. So basically they are saying your too dangerous too be a citizen but your more then welcome to come back here on a 6 month visa. Really makes no sense.
    That's an awful lot of comments without references to back them up. I hope your sources aren't something like infowars

If you want to discuss the political ramifications, including possible drone strikes, of what occurred and what will occur, please do so in the political forum.

I know that may seem to be wishful thinking given what has happened, but please try to keep the discussion going on here as apolitical as possible. And I would say so far so good up to this point.

Thanks.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    If you want to discuss the political ramifications, including possible drone strikes, of what occurred and what will occur, please do so in the political forum.

I know that may seem to be wishful thinking given what has happened, but please try to keep the discussion going on here as apolitical as possible. And I would say so far so good up to this point.

Thanks.
    Agreed

Now we learn the older brother had been receiving welfare benefits in the US for years, up until a few months ago. I ask again, how were his purchases and actions funded? Guns, ammo, bomb ingredients, protective gear, etc? Apparently his wife worked 70-80 hour workweeks, while he was a "stay-at-home dad". Are people eligible for welfare while working 70-80 hour weeks and having only one child? Was the wife paying for his purchases, despite denying any knowledge of his actions? Or did she give him a hefty weekly "allowance"? If this is/was truly a two-man operation, who was footing the bill?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Now we learn the older brother had been receiving welfare benefits in the US for years, up until a few months ago. I ask again, how were his purchases and actions funded? Guns, ammo, bomb ingredients, protective gear, etc? Apparently his wife worked 70-80 hour workweeks, while he was a "stay-at-home dad". Are people eligible for welfare while working 70-80 hour weeks and having only one child? Was the wife paying for his purchases, despite denying any knowledge of his actions? Or did she give him a hefty weekly "allowance"? If this is/was truly a two-man operation, who was footing the bill?
    I may be wrong, but wasn't the bomb made from basic household items a radio from a race car and fireworks? They did have some guns apparently, but it didn't seem like this was a well funded operation from what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I may be wrong, but wasn't the bomb made from basic household items a radio from a race car and fireworks? They did have some guns apparently, but it didn't seem like this was a well funded operation from what I've read.
    It still takes money to put together homemade grenades and pressure cookers filled with ball bearings and nails. Obviously not well-funded, but funded nevertheless. They had automatic weapons and hundreds of rounds of ammo. Yet neither had a job, their parents live off welfare (or whatever the equivalent of welfare is in their country), etc. Apparently the wife was the only one with any income, but she claims innocence. It doesn't add up.

Now NYC officials are saying the suspects' next plan was to travel there and set off bombs in Times Square. They weren't finished.

The Boston Globe's account of the manhunt, it's long, but it's worth reading if you're interested in the details:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...campaign=sm_tw
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?