Thread: Votto and C. Trent Rosecrans

Re: Votto and C. Trent Rosecrans

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    That's what I'm looking for. Thanks.
    No problem

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    Hatteberg has been pretty solid at 1st base if you ask me. Why do you think he has been miserable?
    I just think his footwork has cost the Reds quite a few outs. He's good fielding ground balls. When a grounder is hit to an IF'er, he puts his foot on the bag and reaches towards the fielder before the throw. So if his foot is planted on the left side of the bag for a throw, he doesn't manuever to the other side on a throw to his right. This also makes it hard for him to adjust to poor throws. I think he actually does it correctly on EdE's plays bc he might expect a bad throw. Whereas with others, he seems lazy. Cost the Reds an out two nights ago I believe when he got pulled off the bag on a play he shouldn't have.

I just think his footwork has cost the Reds quite a few outs. He's good fielding ground balls. When a grounder is hit to an IF'er, he puts his foot on the bag and reaches towards the fielder before the throw. So if his foot is planted on the left side of the bag for a throw, he doesn't manuever to the other side on a throw to his right. This also makes it hard for him to adjust to poor throws. I think he actually does it correctly on EdE's plays bc he might expect a bad throw. Whereas with others, he seems lazy. Cost the Reds an out two nights ago I believe when he got pulled off the bag on a play he shouldn't have.
    For as many plays he is involved in its hard to not expect some mistakes from him but I can see where you could say hes not the greatest 1st baseman but hes far from miserable. I would say hes as solid as I could expect from a guy.

I'm not going to say you are completly wrong but a couple footwork mistakes a year I can handle if he keep a solid glove and doesnt let balls that short hop him go to the foul lines.

It sounds like Krivisky wants Votto to stay in AAA for a couple of years. He also sounds like he won't be here next year, if you listen to the interview. He still saying we are in it in 07. WOW

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by New Fever View Post
    It sounds like Krivisky wants Votto to stay in AAA for a couple of years. He also sounds like he won't be here next year, if you listen to the interview. He still saying we are in it in 07. WOW
    I suppose most GMs would say that until the team is mathematically eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I hope that's all it was. Just GM speak.

Me thinks Krivky has been told he's in trouble unless the team gets to .500/playoffs.

He's certainly not going to admit we are out of it, even if it's obvious.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    I have to say I agree with that.

Most fans aren't stupid though, we know when we are out of a race. Saying that we are not going to play (Bring Up) Votto just makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    So, Votto remains in Louisville because of poor defense but Cantu gets a callup? Oh, the irony. Is the front office capable of recognizing good or bad defenders when they see it?
    Cantu plays all the infield positions (granted, not very well) and is right-handed. It's not defense that's keeping Votto down--it's the left-handed Scott Hatteberg.

So 23-year-olds with Votto's apparent skill-set are not worth a call-up in this organization? Wow. We must be absolutely teeming with talent at the big league level. Silly me for not seeing what must be so obvious to WK.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggerd View Post
    For as many plays he is involved in its hard to not expect some mistakes from him but I can see where you could say hes not the greatest 1st baseman but hes far from miserable. I would say hes as solid as I could expect from a guy.

I'm not going to say you are completly wrong but a couple footwork mistakes a year I can handle if he keep a solid glove and doesnt let balls that short hop him go to the foul lines.
    I'm with you. He's no butcher. I guess poor footwork is a pet peeve of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Cantu plays all the infield positions (granted, not very well) and is right-handed. It's not defense that's keeping Votto down--it's the left-handed Scott Hatteberg.
    That's not what Wayne alluded to this morning, according to those who listened to the interview. Maybe I misinterpreted.

I think we could carry 3 first baseman on the roster next year . We carried 3 catchers this year, so it could work. Hatteberg could help teach the 2 young first baseman, and Votto/Cantu could learn to hit major league pitching next year. By 2009, Votto and Cantu could be a platoon unless on of them learns to hit from both sides of the plate.

I'm with you. He's no butcher. I guess poor footwork is a pet peeve of mine.
    Alright

Turn Off Ads?