Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    I would vote the two teams that are taken over remain intact
    So would I.

I'd be game, if there's a team left.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I would like to see them blended together. Really just to make it interesting. If someone sees the roster and chooses to take over a terrible team, they knew what they were getting in to. I'm for the mini-draft though just to create more trade opportunities. The shuffle is what makes fantasy baseball.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I am excited to take over one of the teams! Thanks for the invitation!

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I am excited to take over one of the teams! Thanks for the invitation!
    We are excited to have you join us!

Alright guys, things are moving forward now. We found two good new team owners (hebroncougar and Edd Roush). As soon as they declare their keepers I will be able to finalize our rosters and launch the season. Then we will be able to set our lineups and make trades while preparing for the draft.

Check back here frequently for updates. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on "Thread Tools" at the top of this post, then click on "Subscribe to this Thread", then select "Instant Notification by Email" from the dropdown box. It will speed up communication for the league.

Anybody else having trouble with the message board on the Yahoo league homepage? It rarely works for me.

I will cut Kendrick and Weeks.

As for Halladay, I believe he is my only NA eligible player. Does it all detriment me if I keep him on my roster as an NA? I don't think there is any chance he plays, but does it take away one of my NA spots if I keep him instead of some one else?

I am not fully up on how the NA spots work and who will be out there to draft. If it hurts me to keep Halladay in an NA spot, I will cut him, but if it does no harm, I may as well keep Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I will cut Kendrick and Weeks.

As for Halladay, I believe he is my only NA eligible player. Does it all detriment me if I keep him on my roster as an NA? I don't think there is any chance he plays, but does it take away one of my NA spots if I keep him instead of some one else?

I am not fully up on how the NA spots work and who will be out there to draft. If it hurts me to keep Halladay in an NA spot, I will cut him, but if it does no harm, I may as well keep Roy.
    You might as well keep Halladay on there until such time as you need that NA slot for another player. I suppose there is still an off chance Halladay could unretire.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    You might as well keep Halladay on there until such time as you need that NA slot for another player. I suppose there is still an off chance Halladay could unretire.
    OK. I will keep Halladay then. I just wasn't sure if I had 0 NA guys that I would get to draft earlier than guys who had 1 NA guy on their roster.

Hey guys, your rosters are now live on the website. You should probably check to make sure you got all the players you should have gotten.

Now you can set your lineups and propose trades.

All the players in the Free Agent list will be available in the draft, which will begin in the second week of March.

The official start date for our 2014 League of Reds Nation draft has not yet been determined, but it will be approximately March 10th. Keep in mind the draft will have eight rounds this year instead of the five rounds of previous seasons. The official draft rules are posted below and the official draft order will be posted soon.

Draft Rules:

1. The draft will be a straight draft consisting of 8 rounds. All rounds have the same draft order.
    2. The draft order will be the reverse of the prior year's standings.
    3. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: "Round.pick Player Name" (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce). Then you can add the player to your team by selecting him from the Free Agent list.
    4. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers.
    5. You have 10 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 10 hours, the next player can go ahead and post his pick. You do not lose your skipped pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.
    6. Multiple picks can be skipped. For example, 10 hours have elapsed since pick 4.3 was posted so pick 4.4 is skipped and pick 4.5 is on the clock. If 10 hours later pick 4.5 has not been posted then he is skipped and pick 4.6 is on the clock.
    7. If an owner has consecutive draft picks he only gets one 10-hour timer before he can be skipped.
    8. After you make your pick send an email to the next team owner to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next owner and send him a message.
    9. If you ask someone else to post your pick or your draftee is on waivers the commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.
    10. If your normal roster is full and you wish to draft an NA-eligible player to fill an available NA slot you must drop a player from your normal roster, draft and add the NA player and put him on your NA roster, then state in your draft pick post that you need the Commissioner to add the dropped player back to your regular roster.
    11. If you post your pick as a "Pass" you do not lose the pick. You may use that pick at any time.
    12. You can trade draft picks. The only pick you can't trade is the one that is "on the clock". We learned from experience that can cause long delays with owners dragging their feet on their pick in hopes of receiving a trade offer.
    13. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over.
    14. When all draft rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis -- it is not a free-for-all as soon as the last draft pick is made.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    We can trade draft picks for the upcoming 2014 draft*, but we can't use the Yahoo trading system for doing so. If you would like to include an exchange of 2014 draft picks in a trade please do so using the Comments area of the trade proposal and notify me when the trade is complete so I can change the 2014 draft order. Any traded draft pick using the checkmark system in the trade proposal application will be considered a trade of 2015 draft picks. The checkmark system in the trade application shows that every team has a pick in every round, but due to traded picks that is certainly not the case for the 2014 draft. So if you forget and include 2014 draft picks in your trade proposals you are likely to end up trading picks that don't exist. Please consult the official 2014 draft order posted here and in the Commissioner's Note for use in all trades.

* The reason for this is because I had to tell our Yahoo league website that we already had our draft. If I didn't set it up this way we would not be able to see our rosters, make trades, or see the draftable players in the Free Agent list until after the draft is over in late March. Since we have a dynasty league it just works better this way. The website is set up to work primarily for standard re-draft leagues with live drafts. It takes some gerrymandering of the Commissioner Tools to make it work properly for a dynasty league.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

[*]Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over.
    Bravo!

Here is the official draft order. We have no traded draft picks so far this year, so the order will be the same for all 8 rounds.

2014 Draft Order

Code:
    Round.pick	Team
    1.1	RedEye
    1.2	HebronCougar
    1.3	Joseph
    1.4	HayPay
    1.5	Crosley68
    1.6	Edd Roush
    1.7	thatcoolguy_22
    1.8	Captain Hook
    1.9	Tornon
    1.10	Atomic Dumpling
    1.11	reds1869
    1.12	mbgrayson
    The draft will start at 12:00 Noon Eastern Time on Friday, March 7th.

As in previous years there will be a 10-hour timer for each pick. Please familiarize yourself with the draft rules posted earlier in this thread. The draft order and draft rules are also posted on the league website on Yahoo.

The first pick may be posted prior to the official start date of the draft if the owner of the pick chooses to do so. We have done this in the past to get a head start on the draft, but it is optional. The timer won't start until Noon on March 7th even if picks are posted prior to that time.

Good luck with your draft! Don't screw it up!

Quick rule question I could not find the answer to when I searched. Can we change our line-ups every day or do the lock for the whole week?

Thanks.

Turn Off Ads?