Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Nationals Friday 5/11

Re: Reds vs. Nationals Friday 5/11

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    if mike leake goes 6 ip gives up 3. yea i guess its a good start but imo its not b/c you gave them all up in the 1st which hurts
    It demoralizes a team especially when they know they are struggling to score runs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Arroyo,Cueto and Latos should catch whoever the Reds put out there. I would give Arroyo Mes Sunday and tell him to deal with it.
    Why in the world would you want to mess with a combination that is working really well?

Leake is awful

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Why in the world would you want to mess with a combination that is working really well?
    You mean the combination of Leake/Bailey and Mes is working well(or well enough in Bailey's case as he does have multiple QS's)? What would Arroyo be afraid of with Mes? Tell me that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    You mean the combination of Leake/Bailey and Mes is working well(or well enough in Bailey's case as he does have multiple QS's)? What would Arroyo be afraid of with Mes? Tell me that.
    It has nothing to do with being afraid of Mes. A lot of pitchers have preferred catchers that they're comfortable with, guys who are on the same page with what they're trying to do. Arroyo+Hanigan is working, there's no reason at all to mess with that.

We tried Latos with Mesoraco and it was really bad, not putting it all on Mes here, but we would not have made the switch to Hanigan unless the two guys weren't comfortable working together. And Latos has been better since.

Cueto can pick whoever he wants imo. So to get Mes time, he gets Leake and Bailey by default.

Just turned the game on to hear George Grande, it's like an old friend that I used to hate is back, and now I like them for some reason.

Lol, I have no desire to listen to Grande sugarcoat the reds getting hammered tonight. I guess I'll find someting else to do tonight.

slick assist by Espinosa.

I just want to hear him call a Reds homerun.

Bigtime defense in the first by the Nats.

Gio got lucky in the first. Real lucky.

Bakers Dozen

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    This is for the best. Only way change happens with Dusy and Walt is if the home team is booed and publicly embarrassed.

Reds down in the first with just a walk to Votto. When was the last time we jumped out in front by 3 runs in the first?

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Reds down in the first with just a walk to Votto. When was the last time we jumped out in front by 3 runs in the first?
    I want to say we jumped all over one of the Marlins pitchers.

Getting sick of seeing Leake and Bailey sucking over and over again. Time for them to step up or get removed by Chapman and somebody else.

Turn Off Ads?