Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Birthdays: 11/22

Birthdays: 11/22

Reds:

Jonny Gomes (31) -I wish him lots of luck, but I'm glad he's not a Red any more.

Joe Gaines (74) -Spare-part OF in '60 and '61. Later played with Baltimore and Houston.

Harry Rice -Really good all-around player who spent a couple of years with the Reds. Came up just a couple of hits short of a .300 career average. Ended his career at age 31, although he hung around in the minors for a few more years.

Others:

Joe Nathan (37) -The newest Ranger. The trade in which Minnesota acquired him, Liriano and Bonser for A.J. Pierczynski has to be one of the all-time lopsided trades.

Greg Luzinski (61) -The Bull wasn't the worst OF I ever saw (that would be Jeff Burroughs) but he was right up there. Sure could hit, though...

Lyman Bostock -The man who shot and killed Bostock served only 21 months in custody.

Lew Burdette -Extreme control pitcher from Nitro, West Virginia. Poster boy for the spitball before Gaylord Perry.

Dick Bartell -"Rowdy Richard". I can't keep him and Dave Bancroft separated in my mind.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Worth The Wait

Re: Birthdays: 11/22

Just so you know, I love these threads and appreciate them and the research you put in....my wife is due anyday now with our second child (a boy) and for the past week or so, I've been checking these daily to see who he might share a bday with

Keep us posted, Edskin...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

I'm not sure, but I think it was Rob Neyer who said that statistically, Lew Burdette was the luckiest pitcher who ever took the mound.

Luzinski used to literally turn his back to centerfield when playing left, telling Gary Maddox that he would take everything from where he stood, to the leftfield foul line, and everything else was on Maddox.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Just so you know, I love these threads and appreciate them and the research you put in....my wife is due anyday now with our second child (a boy) and for the past week or so, I've been checking these daily to see who he might share a bday with
    I shared a birthday with Michael Jackson.

Can't get worse then that one.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I shared a birthday with Michael Jackson.

Can't get worse then that one.
    What's wrong with that? I thought he did a fine job as set up man for the Reds in the 90's.

Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    What's wrong with that? I thought he did a fine job as set up man for the Reds in the 90's.

]
    Wrong Michael Jackson.

The one I am talking about was white .
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    So what happened? Who DOES he share a birthday with?

Turn Off Ads?