Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Re: Reds v. Cardinals 8/4/13

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Few in-season games bigger than this one, and he brings in Ondrusek to face them instead of bringing in Parra to face Adams a batter earlier.

Can't defend Dusty for a move like that.
    There will be plenty of games down the stretch bigger than this one.

Football mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Ondrusek getting sent down?
    Villareal likely going down for Broxton. Pen's been good overall, but I was and still am for bringing in another arm. Doubt Marshall is of use this year. Even if he is, I want another arm out there.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
    Don't be so hard on the Reds. It's not like it's a bunch of .230 hitters are having a HR derby.

Outside of Molina, you have Matt Carpenter, Matt Adams, and Allen Craig that are .300 hitters.... although I do believe that 7 game skid skewed some of their numbers. Matt Holliday, Jon Jay, and David Freese also have potential for decent hits abeit they are having off years.

Reds are facing a tough offense and it's showing right now.
    Are you a Cardinals fan? Uh, the Reds have some pretty damn good hitters too. Votto, Bruce, Choo, Phillips. Mesoraco is coming into his own. This is inexcusable to perform like this time and time again against the Cardinals.

I'm telling you, performances like this push Dusty closer and closer to walking the plank. If not now, then the postseason.

This team was supposed to be a Ferrari, but it's turned into a Chevette pretty quickly.
    Chevettes are sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pMIxn5s8lA

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    There will be plenty of games down the stretch bigger than this one.

Football mentality.
    I meant "up to this point.". And the more big games they lose, the smaller those later big games get.

I didn't even know Pedro Villarreal was called back up. That tells you everything you need to know about this team. He's not even a good AAA pitcher. And he's on our 25-man roster? I don't care if it's briefly. He has no business being on the team.

I meant "up to this point.". And the more big games they lose, the smaller those later big games get.
    Well, no. Considering they're 4.5 games clear of a playoff spot, that's not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I'm resigned to the fact the Reds SHOULD hang on to the 2nd WC. The teams closest to us aren't playing any better and unlikely to catch us. Anything higher is not going to happen.

Can someone cite an arcane statistic about the 2012 Giants to make me feel better about this latest disaster? Thanks in advance.

11. Likes:

joshua (08-04-2013),Slyder (08-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Are you a Cardinals fan? Uh, the Reds have some pretty damn good hitters too. Votto, Bruce, Choo, Phillips. Mesoraco is coming into his own. This is inexcusable to perform like this time and time again against the Cardinals.
    Am I a Cardinals fan for pointing out that they have plenty of offense even without Molina behind the plate and in the lineup? They're not like the pirates for the last two years.... offense thrives and struggles based on one bat's performance.

Don't be so hard on the Reds. It's not like it's a bunch of .230 hitters are having a HR derby.

Outside of Molina, you have Matt Carpenter, Matt Adams, and Allen Craig that are .300 hitters.... although I do believe that 7 game skid skewed some of their numbers. Matt Holliday, Jon Jay, and David Freese also have potential for decent hits abeit they are having off years.

Reds are facing a tough offense and it's showing right now.

It's too bad you have to actually win games against good teams eh?

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    I'm resigned to the fact the Reds SHOULD hang on to the 2nd WC. The teams closest to us aren't playing any better and unlikely to catch us. Anything higher is not going to happen.
    I'll take it. Just get us in. The way this season is going we'll be the last team in ... but end up being the last team standing. Just a wacky season.

If the Cards are the 1st WC and the Reds the 2nd, will the FO have the wisdom to start Cingrani? I doubt it.

Am I a Cardinals fan for pointing out that they have plenty of offense even without Molina behind the plate and in the lineup? They're not like the pirates for the last two years.... offense thrives and struggles based on one bat's performance.
    It was a serious question: Are you a Cardinals fan? I wasn't being sarcastic.

If the Cards are the 1st WC and the Reds the 2nd, will the FO have the wisdom to start Cingrani? I doubt it.
    they shouldn´t

Turn Off Ads?