Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You know it's hot when

Re: You know it's hot when

I don't mind hot weather, but the humidity is just brutal. Fortunately it looks like we'll get a break from the humidity after today, and it'll be nice to maybe crack open a window during the evenings this weekend.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

2. Turn Off Ads?

Highs of 100 with a heat index up to 108 here in Norfolk today. I'm going to say it: I'm ready for fall.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Highs of 100 with a heat index up to 108 here in Norfolk today. I'm going to say it: I'm ready for fall.
    Correction: fall with a Reds postseason!

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Correction: fall with a Reds postseason!
    Indubitably!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Now you all know what the normal summer weather is like here in south Texas. High of 95/Low of 75... day after day after day.

This summer, we're averaging about 3 degrees higher than that for both.

The key to coping is to try to do everything that involves going outside closer to the 75-degree part of the day (morning) than the 95-degree part of the day (4-5pm). Then you spend the rest of the time in air conditioning.
    /r/reds

After last year's very cool summer, Chicago feels like an oven this summer. Damn global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Now you all know what the normal summer weather is like here in south Texas. High of 95/Low of 75... day after day after day.

This summer, we're averaging about 3 degrees higher than that for both.

The key to coping is to try to do everything that involves going outside closer to the 75-degree part of the day (morning) than the 95-degree part of the day (4-5pm). Then you spend the rest of the time in air conditioning.
    I live in Houston and I would say we have had a pretty average summer so far. I am not sure if it has gotten to 100 here this summer; although we have had a fair share of upper 90s days. I consider mid-to-upper 90s and humid par for the course in the summer. I moved here in late 1979 and the first full summer spent here we had two or three weeks of 105-107 every day. I thought people were crazy to live down here. But you get used to it to a certain degree. If you're going to live in Houston you really have no other choice.

Coldest summer in SoCal since the 1930's.

Where's gobal warming when you need it! Get Al Gore on the phone!

Rem

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Summer in So. Fla. is unbearable. 90 degrees plus. Humidity at infinity.

Got back last week from Iceland/Norway. Highs in the mid-60s, sunny (uncharacteristic, they say). 20 hour plus days. Loved it!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

My face has already melted off about 16 times today. This weather is making me so cranky I don't even want to be alive.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Heat index in DC today is supposed to be about 108! This has been one of the hottest summers I can remember while living in this area,20 years. I know it broke a record for 90 degree days in June and I think we are very close to the record for the entire summer. Fall can't get here quick enough for me.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Coldest summer in SoCal since the 1930's.

Where's gobal warming when you need it! Get Al Gore on the phone!

Rem
    It's been very weird. I don't mind the cool weather, but we have been getting that marine layer in almost every night and its been in the 50s a couple times.

Last summer was super hot though. Was in the 80s and even the 90s a couple times by the beach so I guess we're just making up for that.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    But you can keep the humidity, I left the MW because of that horrible weather factor.
    Yeah. Here, the humidity and heat index is what is the killer. I get up for work around 4:30 AM and I can already tell it's gonna probably be a scorcher when I step out onto the back porch to enjoy my morning java.

And it really has, as of recently, sparked some nice T-storms as of late too.

I'd have to say Fall is my favorite time of the year weather-wise. The sad part is that it's a precursor to what is to come.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I live in Houston and I would say we have had a pretty average summer so far. I am not sure if it has gotten to 100 here this summer; although we have had a fair share of upper 90s days. I consider mid-to-upper 90s and humid par for the course in the summer. I moved here in late 1979 and the first full summer spent here we had two or three weeks of 105-107 every day. I thought people were crazy to live down here. But you get used to it to a certain degree. If you're going to live in Houston you really have no other choice.
    I really haven't minded the weather this summer. It's been 97-100 degrees everyday for the past couple weeks, but we still go to the park and do stuff outside. I take the boy to the pool 3 or 4 times a week.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    I was in Vegas last week. It was 104 degrees....at 11:00pm. The following day, it rained. Even the rain was hot.

I'm fine with 90s, but not with dew points above the mid 70s.
    In Vegas it's a dry heat.

I'd rather deal with 110 degrees in Vegas than 90 degrees in Ohio because Vegas has legalized gambling.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Turn Off Ads?