Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Reds are dead

The Reds are dead

Guys as much as I hate to accept this awful fate I am slowly beginning to realize that this franchise is a has been franchise and it is slowly dying. Last weekends fan base proves to me that the Reds are dying.

I hate this more than anything because this is my number 1 team of any sport but it is really sad to watch this franchise slowly dying. I am really hating MLB right now for creating this monster of big market teams like the BoSox, Braves, etc.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: The Reds are dead

No. Not even close. There will always be professional baseball in Cincinnati. The team has stunk for the better part of the last 15 years but the franchise is not dead by any means. Hell, if the Reds are "dead" then over half of the teams in MLB are also similarly "dead." Maybe we should just take the dead teams and form a league and let the Yanks, Red Sox, Braves, Phillies, Dodgers and Cubs play in a seperate league.

BTW - are you on any sort of depressants?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Lol this franchise is dieing..

Have you seen the Pirates?

If anything the Reds franchise is moving back on up IMO, lots of young talented players coming up.

Dying? Far, far from it. I'd like to win right now, but I really wanna get our young guys game experience so we can be very good in the future. You should be excited, with the young talent we have it's only a matter of time before we break through and are winning 90+ games on a yearly basis. I'm excited.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Guys as much as I hate to accept this awful fate I am slowly beginning to realize that this franchise is a has been franchise and it is slowly dying. Last weekends fan base proves to me that the Reds are dying.
    Ah, hopping off the bandwagon. O ye of little faith.

They are not dying. The Reds have a better record (33-38) than they did at this time last season (27-43). This team is going to have to take its lumps in order to get better. You just have to endure it.

It's going to take winning to get the general fans (the non-rabid baseball fans) to respond. Some playoff games and a World Championship or two and you'll see the place nearly flooded with Reds fans. (My buddy up in Boston says that Sox fans have a name for these johnny-come-lately fans... Pinkhats.)

Stick with it, kid. Don't be a Pinkhat.

This year is dead. That's bad enough.

Ok, people in SD land - this one is being monitored -behave.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Meh, the fan base is just fickle. Although, given the gross mismanagement and overall poor play over the years by this team, I suppose they have fairly good reason to decide to spend their money and time elsewhere. Look at full stadiums across the country, and you can bet your bottom dollar if they're winning ball clubs the stadium is only full because of all the band wagon fans. Sure, some teams still draw pretty well even if they struggle, but struggle long enough, i.e. 7 going on 8 consecutive years like the Reds, and watch those seats start to empty.

In terms of on field quality over the course of the season for the past several seasons, the Reds have indeed pretty much been dead. But if you're basing it on fan attendance, if the young talent here and in the minors pans out and the Reds start contending next year, or in 2010, watch those seats fill back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    why is this one being monitored? I don't see anything that is too far out of line.

In other words, this thread is dead?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Just the initial post or the subsequent replies?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Just the initial post or the subsequent replies?
    I've had to delete a couple of posts already, just play nice, that's it.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I am really hating MLB right now for creating this monster of big market teams like the BoSox, Braves, etc.
    If you look at the last couple of years the whole "big market" teams haven't done that well. Teams like the Rockies, last year, and what the 2 Florida teams are doing now should be a good sign for Reds fans.

jay bruce is good

The Reds aren't going anywhere. There won't be any rumblings of the Reds moving until the lease with GABP ends at that's still, what, 24-25 years away?

Turn Off Ads?