Maybe to ease Ludwick back we see this:

Choo
    Frazier
    Votto
    BP
    Bruce
    Ludwick?

That'd be cool.

Actually, maybe Ludwick could bat 2nd to get as many ab's as possible to find his rhythm.
    Two great ideas. I would like to see either one happen.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Rasmus is a nice out-of-the-box idea. Find a guy who is good enough to field at CF this year and next but hits enough to play LF on occasion. A Rasmus-type who crushes lefties would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Fay, brilliant articulator he is, simply said 'August' about a week ago. Nothing else from Reds writers since C Trent on the 4th of July said

"Ryan Ludwick said he's ahead of schedule, expects to be on rehab assignment this month. Swinging bat at 85%, pain free"

Nothing new via twitter, though some random person says "Worked out next to Ryan ludwick for the reds at beacon>>> #whatastud #sonice"

So I guess that's a good sign.
    I heard someone on the radio (not sure if it was Fay) say possibly mid-August.
    Not that it's an authoritative source, but at least it's an approximation.
    This mid-August date assumed he was going to do a minor league rehab stint for 7-10 days (he would be out of the minors by then).

Again, this is not gospel, probably just Fay speculating.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Is Fay good for anything?

Serious question.

6. Likes:

coachpipe (07-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Is Fay good for anything?

Serious question.
    If that's all he's being told about Ludwick, what else would you have him do?

8. Likes:

Bumstead (07-18-2013),remdog (07-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Wasn't really in response to the Ludwick thing, just in general. I used to follow him on twitter and he is just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    He could probably pick up more information by following Ludwick's wife on Twitter, but he doesn't follow her. I suppose he could ask her how Ryan's doing, considering she posted a photo of him taking swings in the batting cage last week.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    He could probably pick up more information by following Ludwick's wife on Twitter, but he doesn't follow her. I suppose he could ask her how Ryan's doing, considering she posted a photo of him taking swings in the batting cage last week.
    Do you have any idea how inappropriate it would be for a beat writer to do that?

That's a no no. Now if he followed her and simply retweed it, that would be okay. You don't go asking people's family members those kind of questions though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Back to Doumit. I think he'd be a fine addition, but i wouldn't use him to Bump Mes or Hanny. Doumit can stand at a alot of spots (whether he can actually field them is a different question). Adding him now would allow him to replace Corky and share some of the catching load and when Hanigan comes back, I think he'd be a fine guy to stick in LF 2 or 3 times per week. I just have this suspicion that GAB would do for him, on a smaller scale of course, similar things to what it did for Ryan Ludwick. The bench is pretty thin and his bat would help. I'd guess he'd be one of those 20 PAs per week guys but they don't all come at one position. The thing is, he theoretically plays the positions where the production has been pretty low and IMO he could improve the production at al of them (including a little catching, a little LF, and some late game pop off the bench).
    Last edited by mth123; 07-18-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

13. Likes:

Big Klu (07-18-2013)

Last edited by OesterPoster; 07-18-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Not on topic

Disclaimer: I love Joey Votto and love that he is on the Reds

As I said, I posted on the Tigers board about the Miggy/Votto thing and they asked me what Reds fans would think if the tables were turned. They actually asked me to ask redszone this question, haha.

Would you trade Votto for Fielder, Smyly, Porcello, Castellanos, and their next 4 best prospects?

Sorry if this angers anyone, I just think it is fun to think about things like this.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 07-18-2013 at 02:58 PM.

As I said, I posted on the Tigers board about the Miggy/Votto thing and they asked me what Reds fans would think if the tables were turned. They actually asked me to ask redszone this question, haha.

Would you trade Votto for Fielder, Smyly, Porcello, Castellanos, and their next 4 best prospects?

Sorry if this angers anyone, I just think it is fun to think about things like this.
    Would be a slam dunk from our end.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Do you have any idea how inappropriate it would be for a beat writer to do that?

That's a no no. Now if he followed her and simply retweed it, that would be okay. You don't go asking people's family members those kind of questions though.
    Really? If you are a public figure (or the family member of one), doesn't tweeting something sort of change your claim to privacy about it?

18. Likes:

coachpipe (07-19-2013)

Yes.

I don't understand the point of these, but this would also be in contention for worst trade in sports history, but this one from the Tigers end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?