Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Man, I wish I could take that back"

Re: "Man, I wish I could take that back"

Getting haircut from young lady WAY pregnant. No chance of screwing this up. I say "Is this your first?"

There's a pause.....

I blurt out "Should be easy question!!"

She says "Well, my first is in Heaven..."

Longest haircut I've ever had.....
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

I work for a big organization.

Possibly the most important career lesson I've learned is to know (1) who used to sleep together, (2) who is currently sleeping together, and (3) who wants to sleep together.

(Sleep, of course, being a euphemism for other types of adult activity.)

I've had a couple of situations where I've said something to the effect of "she's an odd bird", only to find out that someone pretty senior in the organization was, uh, indulging himself.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

I was in a group of friends once where one girl, we thought, was obviously a lesbian. After some drinks I asked if it was as hard to ask girls out for her as it was for guys.

She wasn't gay.
    Witty signature.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

A few years ago I worked in an office with two lesbian partners and I was about the last one to find out about them. I found out by blurting out a smart remark about gays in the lunchroom when one of them was sitting in there eating. Things instantly resembled an E.F. Hutton commercial with everyone looking at me and then at her to see what the reaction would be. Another detail. She was my supervisor.

Great stuff. Sometimes its just best to keep your mouth shut.

My friends sister was pregnant, but then I saw her at a party carrying a drink. I was like, HEY you're not allowed to drink. She looked at me and asked Why not? I immediately replied I dunno and walked off fast. Made myself apologize later when I found out she had a miscarriage. Now my wife goes through that, and I feel even worse about saying it.

If something tragic happened to me, I think my sense of humor would let me just laugh it off to the fact that they messed up and said a bonehead thing. As long as they seemed to feel bad, then I think it'd actually give me a good laugh or two.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

"Yo Momma" jokes shouldn't be used with people you don't know well...

Got in a fight in highschool with a kid whose mother had passed away, but he had a step-mom so I assumed... wrong.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Getting haircut from young lady WAY pregnant. No chance of screwing this up. I say "Is this your first?"

There's a pause.....

I blurt out "Should be easy question!!"

She says "Well, my first is in Heaven..."

Longest haircut I've ever had.....
    Yikes. At least you left with any hair at all

given my age, most of what i think here are (graphically) sexual in nature, especially in High School...that said, part of it would be the first year i spent with Lady Raven.

the other thing would, continuing to go to public school my senior year, and continuing my dialougle with Royals and Tiger scouts before my wrist surgery and my being screwed by Urbana.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

One evening, the spousal unit asked me where I'd be if I hadn't married her (and doing so in a very fishing for the answer "I'd be no where without you baby" answer).

Before that filter between mouth and brain engaged, I said I'd be living a condo in Mt Adams, driving a Porsche, and dating a Bengals cheerleader.

Needless to say, that was the wrong answer. The marital bed was very cold for quite a while after that.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Telling an ex girlfriend she will always live in a trailer....20 years later and she still does.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    One evening, the spousal unit asked me where I'd be if I hadn't married her (and doing so in a very fishing for the answer "I'd be no where without you baby" answer).

Before that filter between mouth and brain engaged, I said I'd be living a condo in Mt Adams, driving a Porsche, and dating a Bengals cheerleader.

Needless to say, that was the wrong answer. The marital bed was very cold for quite a while after that.
    I think you would have been safe if you just left out the cheerleader.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

I'd have to say accidentally dropping the F-bomb in front of my mom. My mom was pissed. I had to eat soap, and do a bunch of chores in the following weeks.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    I work for a big organization.

Possibly the most important career lesson I've learned is to know (1) who used to sleep together, (2) who is currently sleeping together, and (3) who wants to sleep together.

(Sleep, of course, being a euphemism for other types of adult activity.)

I've had a couple of situations where I've said something to the effect of "she's an odd bird", only to find out that someone pretty senior in the organization was, uh, indulging himself.
    Ouch! I have a friend who complained about a woman who was obviously unqualified for her job to his boss (who was also her boss) only to get a call from our program manger (we were both on-site contractors) in the middle of the night asking him to report to Headquarters. He never worked on that contract again and the boss married the woman a year later. Fortunately, the contract he was transferred to was a much better place to work anyway.

Roy, my wife asked me the 'Where would you be without me...' question and I immediately answered, 'Obviously, still searching for you.' and she almost cried. Of course, the only way to pull it off is to actually feel that way. just lucky I guess.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Turn Off Ads?