Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tanner Scheppers

Re: Tanner Scheppers

a small bonus plus rehab costs for a potential TOR arm.
    Since when does a guy who has had labrum surgery qualify as a potential TOR arm?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Since when does a guy who has had labrum surgery qualify as a potential TOR arm?
    Gil Meche? Joe Saunders?

It's obviously a huge risk for the club - the biggest injury risk out there, probably. But if the Rangers knew about the tear, than they either were punting the pick (possible) or rolling the dice on a surgical solution.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Wow, I was wrong. I wanted Scheppers instead of Boxberger.

Very glad to be wrong in this situation. Score one for Buckley. The more I read about Boxburger, he was probably a solid pick. Second-best pitcher in the Pac 10 behind Mike Leake.

Ask Chris Gruler and Thomas Pauley about labrum surgery.

Another example of why the draft and the decisions made cannot be evaluated until we know all the information. There was pretty sound reasoning by the 30 teams as to why this guy wasn't drafted early.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I will eat crow for accusing the Reds of cheaping out on Scheppers, but like Bum said, the results of the draft will obviously remain to be seen...
    How is that cheaping out? Labrum surgery is 10x worse than TJ surgery. If this is true then passing on him with his demands was the smart move.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

You will eat "Crow" ... well played.

last year's offer is probably sounding a lot better to him now.

nm

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    How is that cheaping out? Labrum surgery is 10x worse than TJ surgery. If this is true then passing on him with his demands was the smart move.
    That's my point.

I argued that they might be cheaping out before it was known that he required labrum surgery.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?