Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Reds draft signings

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 2009 Reds draft signings

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I think the Valor signing crushes hope of a Marrero or Perez signing. Oh well...
    I don't know why you have that impression. The Reds went into this spring with X amount of dollars set for the international side of things and X amount of dollars for the draft. The draft also took place well before they knew they were going to get Valor. They took those guys hoping to sign them and at the same time they were certainly talking to Valor about signing him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I don't know why you have that impression. The Reds went into this spring with X amount of dollars set for the international side of things and X amount of dollars for the draft. The draft also took place well before they knew they were going to get Valor. They took those guys hoping to sign them and at the same time they were certainly talking to Valor about signing him.
    Watch, you'll see...

I'll be shocked if either one signs. Not saying it's impossible, just saying I'll be very surprised.
    Go BLUE!!!

Watch, you'll see...

I'll be shocked if either one signs. Not saying it's impossible, just saying I'll be very surprised.
    Lets say they don't sign.... you won't have any clue the reason for them not signing and odds are it will have nothing to do with Valor and a lot more to do with what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Lets say they don't sign.... you won't have any clue the reason for them not signing and odds are it will have nothing to do with Valor and a lot more to do with what they wanted.
    You don't have any idea what I have a clue about. Once again you're over-stepping your bounds. Let's just leave it at that.
    Go BLUE!!!

You don't have any idea what I have a clue about. Once again you're over-stepping your bounds. Let's just leave it at that.
    Are you suggesting you have insider information? If so, then you shouldn't say things like 'I think' this or that, but rather I have heard or I know this or that. Otherwise, you are pretty much just basing an opinion off of what you want to believe.

Dang over steppers

I think Doug meant the "you" in his statement as a general one, not as one targeted at you, Beni. No need to take it personally
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Hey guys sorry to post this here but no privlages to start a new thread. Tell me who to look for in the 2010 draft. I love this team to death but I see a free fall coming with the net result being yet another top 10 draft pick. If I'm out of place sorry, I figure the mods will delete it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 in hall View Post
    Hey guys sorry to post this here but no privlages to start a new thread. Tell me who to look for in the 2010 draft. I love this team to death but I see a free fall coming with the net result being yet another top 10 draft pick. If I'm out of place sorry, I figure the mods will delete it anyway.
    Here's an earlier thread about next year's draft.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Tucker Barnhart

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about talking with a friend of his family's and they stated Barnhart was waiting on clearance from the Commissioner's office to get going.

Anywho, since I hadn't seen anything in print, I did a little searching and found a couple articles that sure do indicate he's signing, especially with his HS coach saying he's going to start out in the GCL. Anyway, they are both pretty good reads (especially the ESPN Rise article).

http://www.flyergroup.com/sports/loc...yword=topstory

http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool...ory?id=4159304

If you're including undrafted free agents, the Reds signed John Dao, the SS out of the University of Louisville. He's been with Billings for about 10 days.

Re: Tucker Barnhart

Quote Originally Posted by mac624 View Post
    I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about talking with a friend of his family's and they stated Barnhart was waiting on clearance from the Commissioner's office to get going.
    Didn't you say the same exact thing about Mitchell Clarke? I'm not trying to call you out, but IIRC you said you spoke to a friend of Clark's family as well that said he had signed but was awaiting commissioner approval?
    Go BLUE!!!

No I gave the link Clarke signed, but

I didn't say that I talked with a friend about him, just Barnhart.

Re: No I gave the link Clarke signed, but

I didn't say that I talked with a friend about him, just Barnhart.
    I talked with a friend last night that knows Mitch's family and they claim they are waiting on acceptance from the Commissioner's office to validate the contract that Mitch has signed. Apparantly it's for mid 3rd round money (whatever that is), and they've been waiting now for almost 2 weeks.

Take it for what it's all worth, but hopefully, that paperwork will get through quickly and get him going to GCL for the rest of the summer.
    Go BLUE!!!

Re: No I gave the link Clarke signed, but

That last post you have quoted was a post titled Mitch Barnhart. Mitch Clarke was the preceeding post but mac particular post had Mitch Barnharts name in the title.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?