Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Football

UC Football

Anybody else getting cranked up for UC football this year? The first game is still 3 weeks away but I can't seem to get enough coverage. I don't have the time now, but I will try and post my game by game predictions later today. Anybody else getting way too excited about UC football?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: UC Football

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    Anybody else getting way too excited about UC football?
    I'm a Louisville fan....so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    Anybody else getting cranked up for UC football this year? The first game is still 3 weeks away but I can't seem to get enough coverage. I don't have the time now, but I will try and post my game by game predictions later today. Anybody else getting way too excited about UC football?

I'm very excited, but I wish they would get the Mauk decision out of the way. I can't even imagine what he is going through right now. Either way, I can't wait for the season to start. I think they will have a pretty good run at it, but I am hesitant to say where they will finish until we get a look at them in action.

I can't wait. It seems like years ago when I last saw UC play. I am going to try to go to every home game this year that I can.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Not too excited yet, but I am sure it will kick in soon enough. Just hope my guys have good seasons this year.

I'm super pumped, i'll be getting my EKU tix shortly.

Here is some good news from Bill Koch's Blog:

UC reaches TV deal with FSN Ohio
    Posted by BKoch at 8/7/2008 11:10 AM EDT on Cincinnati.com

UC just announced a multi-year deal that will make FSN Ohio the exclusive regional cable television home of UC football, men's basketball and women's basketball. Programming 2008-09 will include a minimum of 12 men's basketball games, two women's basketball games, preseason and postseason specials for football and basketball, season-long basketball and football coaches' shows, plus an extensive schedule of Big East football and basketball games.
    The new relationship will begin on Aug. 20 at 6 p.m. with a half-hour preseason look, Inside Bearcats Football 2008. Football coach Brian Kelly and basketball coach Mick Cronin's coaches shows will air on Wednesday nights at 6:30 p.m. starting on Aug. 27.
    I'm really excited about the coaches shows.

I have my season tickets and I plan on making at least one road trip. Right now I think I'm heading to West Virginia.

Hope those UC telecasts won't interfere with FSN Ohio's Xavier deal.

I'll be in the Lair all season and it can't get here fast enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcC_5...php?tid=308661
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Did anyone get their tickets in the mail yet?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

How is UC looking this year?

Paintmered - I'll be in the Lair also.

Z-Fly - I haven't gotten my tickets yet. I was told early August, so I'm expecting them any day now.

Buckeye - They should be pretty good. Finished #17 last year after going 10-3, and they return 16 starters. The big question right now is if qb Ben Mauk will get another year of eligibility. He applied for a medical hardship waiver and the NCAA denied him, he appealed and they denied him again, and he has one appeal left where he talks to the committee which has dragged on forever. The NCAA needs to get off their butt and give this kid a final answer ASAP. Overall they'll have a tough defense again and I expect the offense to continue to improve after being in Kelly's system for the second year.

Here's my game by game predictions assuming Mauk doesn't play (which I don't think will hurt us too badly).

Eastern Kentucky - Should be an easy win for the Bearcats. 1-0.

At Oklahoma - I may be crazy but I think the Cats have a chance at pulling this off. The Bearcat defense is tough which may allow them to stick around until the end. West Virginia took it to Oklahoma in the bowl game last year, and UC barely lost to WVU. Of course the UC WVU game was at UC and now the Bearcats have to travel to Norman. I'll say the Sooners win this one. 1-1.

Miami (OH) - Should be another easy win for the Bearcats. UC took it to them last year in Miami, and they get them at home this year. 2-1.

at Akron - Another early win for the Cats to push them to 3-1.

at Marshall - This game scares me a little, but I think UC will have too much for the Herd. 4-1.

Rutgers - The Cats have had Rutgers number the last couple years, and I think it will continue with the game at UC. 5-1.

UCONN - I feel real confident the Cats will take care of business here. UCONN took a beating last year at UC because they couldn't move the ball, and I see things the same this year. 6-1.

USF - The Bearcats have won the last two meetings, and I think they make it three straight. 7-1.

at WVU - West Virginia at Morgantown. If they come out of this with a win it would be a pleasant surprise, but I don't see it happening. 7-2.

at Louisville - This one should be a Bearcat win but it worries me. Louisville seems to have our number, and it's in Louisville. I'll say a close loss. 7-3.

Pittsburgh - Maybe the Bearcats can finally beat Pittsburgh. 8-3.

Syracuse - Worst team in the Big East means a Bearcat win. 9-3.

Hawaii - Assuming the Cats aren't too busy partying in Hawaii I think they pull off win number ten. 10-3.

I'm pretty concerned about the QB situation. If Mauk were coming back it would be more predictable. But Gruza has some drawbacks and is a better spot starter than a guy who can play well for an entire season at this level.

I guess "Chazz" Anderson (do not understand the first name thing, good lord) is the dark horse favorite to take over, last I heard.

Thanks for the rundown. It's great that UC football keeps getting better. I used to love to go to those games when I was in like 7th grade but they were terrible.
    Who plays QB if it isn't Mauk?

Turn Off Ads?