Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bengals Maualuga charged with DUI

Re: Bengals Maualuga charged with DUI

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Jeez, I get a warning for my post?
    Because you said 'Wow.'? Really? It wasn't exactly an intelligent post, but a formal warning is just ridiculous.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Because you said 'Wow.'? Really? It wasn't exactly an intelligent post, but a formal warning is just ridiculous.
    This is a content driven site and you've just got to bring more to the table than "wow".
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I'm always a little surprised that multi millionaire athletes are hanging out in Northern Kentucky or Clermont County, as was the case with Chris Henry, I think.

Jeez, I get a warning for my post?
    Yes, you did, and you should know why. If you want to comment further, you can send me a PM.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    If you'll look more closely before commenting, you'll notice that I edited his post. It wasn't extreme, thus the warning and no infraction.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I'm always a little surprised that multi millionaire athletes are hanging out in Northern Kentucky or Clermont County, as was the case with Chris Henry, I think.
    I see quite a few Bengal players at Main Strasse in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    This is a content driven site and you've just got to bring more to the table than "wow".
    Wrong.

"Masked Profanity" (later edited).... I won't comment on it, except that it was in fact far from extreme, so why even bother with it. I don't want any a mod to put their cowboy hat and big golden star back on.

Wrong.

"Masked Profanity" (later edited).... I won't comment on it, except that it was in fact far from extreme, so why even bother with it. I don't want any a mod to put their cowboy hat and big golden star back on.
    I thought it was plainly obvious that I was kidding. However un-extreme it was I'm sure worse things have happened on this board. I once, a long time ago, got neg'd by someone for posting that Carson Palmer wears Peyton Manning pajamas.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    I read that it was not his car and he was accompanied by two females - one is 18 and the other under 18.
    As I understand it, the two girls he was with are students at Fairfield High School. The car is registered to a woman who was not present at the time of the incident.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I don't know Kentucky law, but I suspect he'll get first-time offender penalties, be ordered to pay restitution for the damages, and will have to undergo another alcohol treatment program. Plenty of everyday citizens from all walks of life get hit with this around his age. You just hope he learns from the experience and gets help for it now. I won't comment on the females until something concrete comes out of it.

As far as how this reflects on the Bengals, I'm not really concerned. As has been said in other threads, there are plenty of NFL teams that have their fare share of players with run-ins with the law, including the Steelers, Browns, and Ravens. For some reason, this only becomes a big deal when it's the Bengals because they had issues with Odell Thurman and Chris Henry racking up a number of arrests in a short period of time.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I thought it was plainly obvious that I was kidding. However un-extreme it was I'm sure worse things have happened on this board. I once, a long time ago, got neg'd by someone for posting that Carson Palmer wears Peyton Manning pajamas.
    My bad. I've received another infraction so I think I'll end it with... Rey is an idiot. I thought he was better than that, hence my "wow ---" post.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I don't know Kentucky law, but I suspect he'll get first-time offender penalties, be ordered to pay restitution for the damages, and will have to undergo another alcohol treatment program. Plenty of everyday citizens from all walks of life get hit with this around his age. You just hope he learns from the experience and gets help for it now. I won't comment on the females until something concrete comes out of it.

As far as how this reflects on the Bengals, I'm not really concerned. As has been said in other threads, there are plenty of NFL teams that have their fare share of players with run-ins with the law, including the Steelers, Browns, and Ravens. For some reason, this only becomes a big deal when it's the Bengals because they had issues with Odell Thurman and Chris Henry racking up a number of arrests in a short period of time.
    Pretty much my feelings as well.

According to Bengals.com Maualuga is checking into the Betty Ford Center:

Maualuga looks to family

GEOFF HOBSON

Bengals rookie linebacker Rey Maualuga hasn’t been back to American Samoa since he was three years old and he admits that it is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas as he begins to think about Sunday’s 15-hour plane flight to his ancestral home for a week-long visit.

Among the plans for the trip with fellow Samoan teammates Domata Peko and Jonathan Fanene are visiting areas devastated by last year’s tsunami and talking to the children in the high schools in the capital of Pago Pago. But for Maualuga it is also a trip to immerse himself in his family. His father died early in 2006 after a battle with cancer and he hasn’t seen his brother Rodney since the funeral.

“I’m looking forward to re-connecting with my father’s side of the family,” Maualuga said Saturday night. “A lot has changed in four years, but family is something that doesn’t change and I know I have a lot of cousins there.”

Maualuga felt it is important enough of a trip to postpone by a week checking himself into the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, Calif. ESPN reported Sunday morning that Maualuga is going to spend 30 days in the alcohol treatment center in the wake of his guilty DUI plea earlier this week.

It is believed he’ll be back to Cincinnati in time for the March 29 start of the offseason conditioning program. On Saturday he said he made a bad decision and indicated he’s going to make some changes.

“I think underneath we’re all the same even though some of us are professional athletes,” Maualuga said. “We all like to have a good time in some way or the other, but I made a bad decision getting behind the wheel.”

He said he’s been inspired by Peko’s story of listening to former Titans and Redskins defensive tackle Joe Salave'a’s talk to his high school and wants to make an impact when they visit this week.

“I want them to see me and let them know if I can make it, anyone can make it,” Maualuga said.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...a-3103e487105b

Good. Hopefully that helps.

Turn Off Ads?