Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Russia gets 2018 World Cup, Qatar gets 2022 World Cup

Re: Russia gets 2018 World Cup, Qatar gets 2022 World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    That'd be funny considering he hates Italy. He wasn't even on hand to give them the World Cup trophy when they won in 2006. Too busy so he sent his second in command.

FIFA is a huge joke. Maybe the most corrupt sports organization in existence.
    The IOC is offended by this statement.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wow, been reading up on England's reaction.

Acting FA chief is resigning in protest over FIFA "dishonesty."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0%2C%...USS_01DBC.html

Here's a column calling for England to withdraw from FIFA and attempt to bring about a revolution against Sepp Blatter and his cronies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...d-2151665.html

I don't know how realistic it is, but if anyone could force a change by withdrawing from FIFA, it would be England, if only because so many foreign-born players play in the EPL, Championship, and Football League. If forced to choose between club and country, I'm sure most of those players, especially the ones from developing countries, would choose to stay in England for the regular paycheck rather than play for the corrupt federation of their home country.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Wow, been reading up on England's reaction.

Acting FA chief is resigning in protest over FIFA "dishonesty."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0%2C%...USS_01DBC.html

Here's a column calling for England to withdraw from FIFA and attempt to bring about a revolution against Sepp Blatter and his cronies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...d-2151665.html

I don't know how realistic it is, but if anyone could force a change by withdrawing from FIFA, it would be England, if only because so many foreign-born players play in the EPL, Championship, and Football League. If forced to choose between club and country, I'm sure most of those players, especially the ones from developing countries, would choose to stay in England for the regular paycheck rather than play for the corrupt federation of their home country.
    I hope they do it ... and I hope some of the other big countries follow.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I hope they do it ... and I hope some of the other big countries follow.
    I would love it if the US and Mexico could have an alternative out there so that they could tell CONCACAF and Jack Warner to take a hike.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Please please please let this happen.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Russia, okay, but Qatar is a total shame!

The matches in Qatar will never take place.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    The IOC is offended by this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The matches in Qatar will never take place.
    Just curious why you say that?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Looks like the decision to let Qatar host the World Cup is already paying dividends:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...29a6b13866.171
    GENEVA — Swiss television channel RTS claimed on Sunday that a pair of their sports reporters were held against their will for 13 days in Qatar, the host country for the 2022 football World Cup.

The duo, who were filming a report on football in Qatar, "were grounded on Qatari soil for two weeks without receiving a clear explanation of what they were accused of," said RTS in a statement.

The journalist and the cameraman were able to return to Switzerland on Friday morning, after an "intense" effort from the Swiss embassy in Kuwait; Switzerland not having diplomatic representation in Qatar.

The pair were filming "landscape shots," according to RTS, when they were stopped by a police patrol at Mesaieed and taken to a local police station, where they were handcuffed and interrogated for several hours.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Looks like the decision to let Qatar host the World Cup is already paying dividends:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...29a6b13866.171
    GENEVA — Swiss television channel RTS claimed on Sunday that a pair of their sports reporters were held against their will for 13 days in Qatar, the host country for the 2022 football World Cup.

The duo, who were filming a report on football in Qatar, "were grounded on Qatari soil for two weeks without receiving a clear explanation of what they were accused of," said RTS in a statement.

The journalist and the cameraman were able to return to Switzerland on Friday morning, after an "intense" effort from the Swiss embassy in Kuwait; Switzerland not having diplomatic representation in Qatar.

The pair were filming "landscape shots," according to RTS, when they were stopped by a police patrol at Mesaieed and taken to a local police station, where they were handcuffed and interrogated for several hours.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

One of the stupidest, most asinine decisions in sports planning history...

From an organization as corrupt as FIFA, however, it is, unfortunately, to be expected.

You couldn't PAY ME to go to a World Cup in Qatar.

I would love to see the big money nations of FIFA (England, Brazil, France, Germany, etc.) pull out of the 2022 World Cup and stage their own contest. Perhaps then FIFA would think twice about their corrupt little fiefdom.

It's just sad. Each of us only gets a certain number of World Cups in our lifetime, and to have those corrupt, greedy &&&&&&& in charge of the World's game just irks me to no end.

I wonder who at FIFA got rich over Qatar landing that WC? Probably all of them.

It would be a good debate, which organization sucks more, the NCAA or FIFA.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I would love to see the big money nations of FIFA (England, Brazil, France, Germany, etc.) pull out of the 2022 World Cup and stage their own contest. Perhaps then FIFA would think twice about their corrupt little fiefdom.
    That thought hadn't occurred to me but it is an excellent suggestion. Qatar is the most ridiculous, illogical example of corruption FIFA has come up with. Soccer in a questionable visitor-friendly atmosphere in the middle of the desert in the summer time. They never cease to amaze me.

"Kids are always chasing rainbows, but baseball is a world where you can catch them." ~
    Johnny Vander Meer

Turn Off Ads?