Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Business First: How much of a bargain are Cincinnati Reds games?

Business First: How much of a bargain are Cincinnati Reds games?

Oct 11, 2013, 7:39am EDT
    How much of a bargain are Cincinnati Reds games?

Cincinnati Reds games are the eighth-most affordable in Major League Baseball for fans, according to a new study.

NerdWallet, a San Francisco-based website, studied the cost of a single ticket, parking, a hot dog, a soft drink and a beer at each MLB stadium, the Cincinnati Business Courier reported.

The average cost to attend a Reds game at Great American Ball Park: $45.85. The league average is $55.28.

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisvill...incinnati.html
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Business First: How much of a bargain are Cincinnati Reds games?

Still a chunk of change. If I lived in Cincy I would attend maybe 5-6 games.

Follow up from Cincinnati Business Journal.

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...incinnati.html

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Still a chunk of change. If I lived in Cincy I would attend maybe 5-6 games.
    Would you be buying a hot dog, soft drink, and beer at every game? Shoot, you could bring the first two in yourself without even having to smuggle...

I've attended numerous Reds games for $5-$20 bucks, I don't tend to eat that over priced sub standard fair at any ballpark.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

When you are used to paying about $125 per ticket to watch hockey, and beer is $8.75 a cup, baseball is a huge bargain for us.

Everything is relative.

I could have 4 season tickets to a full baseball season (vs. 4 hockey tickets to half the number of games) for about 40% of the cost.

Cincy is a huge bargain at $45. At Nationals Park Ipaid $45 just for the seat. Granted I was on field level in the back few rows but still to get a decent seat there its going to cost you. That is not considering the concessions which I can do without. But when you bring along a wife who is not interested one bit in the game you have to feed her. To go to a game in DC you either have to pay expensive parking. I'm sure what that is since I have never driven to a game. Or pay to ride Metro(subway). For me it was $7 round trip for one person. By the time you pay for two it's equal to parking I assume. It's not cheap anymore to go to a game unless you are satisfied to sit high up and guess on what's going on down in the field.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

9. Likes:

joshua (10-11-2013)

The fact that you can bring your own food/drink into the stadium makes it a very nice deal. I also find it generous they let you stamp your hand and re-enter.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I live here in Cincy, actually work for Great American Insurance, and I went to 6 games this year. Busy summer so didn't get to go as much as I wanted to, but I would agree that most games are very affordable. Luckily, I have a parking pass for work so I avoid the higher priced parking near the stadium. Also, we normally bring a cooler filled with pop, waters, pretzels, and peanuts.

I wonder, however, when they figured the price for hot dog and soft drink if they went to the $1 stand under the upper deck down the first base line. The line there is always long, but we normally would buy a bunch of hot dogs and some drinks too if we didn't feel like bringing a cooler. The used to do popcorn too, but they ended that this year.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

I think GABP a great deal. If you want to get ticket discounts ahead of time, the Reds are always running promotions (mostly weekday games but sometimes Friday games too) for Reds-win you-win, take over the box office, etc etc and you can get $45-50 seats for $20. Just get on their email list. Plus if you want to do the StubHub thing and wait till the last second, you can get great deals there too. I usually have to schedule things out and block off an evening for ballgame (we're busy) so I get tickets 2-4 weeks ahead of time.

And that you can bring in a soft-sided cooler with drinks, peanuts, chips, subs, whatever is a good way to cut costs. My wife and I often stop at Subway and a 7-11 on the way in and get subs and drinks (plastic sealed bottles only) and we keep the pantry stocked with a couple bags of peanuts from Kroger for ballgames.

At the game, we might get something from the concessions, but it will be a craft beer or ice cream or something special.

At I always park at a lot down by Sawyers Point. It's a 15-20 minute walk to the ballpark, but usually on the way out, we're walking faster than traffic and then we get right out. Plus its an enjoyable walk to go in the park with all the rest of the fans and see the stands and light towers and get in the mood of the ballgame. Plus the drummers and people begging.

As we walk in and go past the ever-increasing cost of lots, I say "we saving $3, $5, $15, etc etc" and my wife usually says "just shut up and walk".
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-12-2013),Always Red (10-11-2013),KittyDuran (10-11-2013),westofyou (10-11-2013)

I spend more money on a Dragons game than at a Reds game. Don't mind too much because IMHO the food is better at 5/3rd Field.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I live near the ballpark so I don't have to worry about parking or food. If you are just buying a game ticket the Reds provide an incredible bargain, especially at season ticket rates.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I live near the ballpark so I don't have to worry about parking or food. If you are just buying a game ticket the Reds provide an incredible bargain, especially at season ticket rates.
    Are you in the Banks condos?

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    Are you in the Banks condos?
    Yes. Great for baseball fans.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Yes. Great for baseball fans.
    I bet! Doesn't a few Reds players and Bengals players live there? I thought Frazier and Giovani Bernard lived there.

Turn Off Ads?