Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bailey Ejected from Bats game

Bailey Ejected from Bats game

From Fay's blog

"Posted by JohnFay at 4/14/2009 7:57 PM EDT
    Homer Bailey was taken out of his start in Louisville after 2 2/3 innings. He had allowed three runs (two earned) on thiree hits. He was at 53 pitches.

Update: Just saw he was ejected by the home plate ump after a hit-by-pitch."

This guy just can't get a break.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bailey Ejected from Bats game

OUCH!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Dye would have looked awful nice between Votto and Bruce...

RotoHester

Bailey was really getting squeezed by the home plate ump, gave up two LONG home runs and then NAILED a guy in between the numbers. He was clearly rattled tonight. Sad to see really.

I suppose he wasn't exactly enthralled with going to AAA. Someone needs to get his head screwed on straight, and fast.

Where's Susan Sarandon?
    I'm not cool enough to have a good signature

When he does get it going, find a trade partner and get some good return. He is a headcase, not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBChance View Post
    I suppose he wasn't exactly enthralled with going to AAA. Someone needs to get his head screwed on straight, and fast.

Where's Susan Sarandon?
    The Reds told him to get in better shape, change his attitude, and come to camp and earn a spot. He did all of these things and they still sent him down. I would be bent if I was him.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

obviously he didn't change his attitude

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Dye would have looked awful nice between Votto and Bruce...
    Bailey should be up here. We don't need Dye.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Bailey should be up here. We don't need Dye.
    Seriously. I'd rather have him out of the pen. The way Volquez and Cueto are pitching right now, we are going to be burning through our pen early and often.

Who would you rather have being the "long man" out of the pen - Lincoln or Homer?

IMO, that might be the best route for him. He's "been there, done that" in AAA, and it probably peeves him off, messes with his head, attitude, etc...
    Let him get "exposed" to ML hitters from the pen, limit his exposure, build his confidence, etc... It worked for Joba Chamberlain and tons of other starters from yesteryear.

You're worried about him logging innings/building his stamina? Pitch him in winter ball, let him go to the WBC, whatever. I'm sure he'll get the occasional start too as needed.

I don't think giving him the ball every 5th day in AAA is doing him any good at this point. Whatever the reason, who cares. Time to get him on the right path.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

bailey gave up two runs then nailed a guy.....bring him up, we need some of that attitude up here. Someone called him a head case for plunking a guy?????????????? I guess that would make nolan ryan a lunatic.....

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Seriously. I'd rather have him out of the pen. The way Volquez and Cueto are pitching right now, we are going to be burning through our pen early and often.

Who would you rather have being the "long man" out of the pen - Lincoln or Homer?

IMO, that might be the best route for him. He's "been there, done that" in AAA, and it probably peeves him off, messes with his head, attitude, etc...
    Let him get "exposed" to ML hitters from the pen, limit his exposure, build his confidence, etc... It worked for Joba Chamberlain and tons of other starters from yesteryear.

You're worried about him logging innings/building his stamina? Pitch him in winter ball, let him go to the WBC, whatever. I'm sure he'll get the occasional start too as needed.

I don't think giving him the ball every 5th day in AAA is doing him any good at this point. Whatever the reason, who cares. Time to get him on the right path.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think Owings will prove to be a long man type in his career if we could fast forward ten years. He is going to be like a Ron Villone from the right side (just my 2 cents). I think Bailey should be in the 5th spot and Owings should be in long relief. I know they are high on Lincoln and his breaking ball..... but someone in that pen shouldn't be there...... and Owings should be out there and Bailey in the rotation.

I think we're seeing what the demotion did to Bailey. He may have found something special this spring that would have changed his career and fortunes for us.... now that he's sent down he may never find it again. All for what? Who are we protecting? Arroyo? Lincoln? They won't be here in 3 or 5 years..... ya know?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

He must not have found something all that special because from all accounts he is being exposed again in AAA.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Homer's AAA numbers:
    31 G, 10-10 record, 4.13 era, 1.371 WHIP

I would argue that he's been there but hasn't yet "done that". He is too inconsistent and he is still young. He has plenty of time to finish maturing and learn how to pitch. He only turns 23 next month. Another year progressing in the minors won't hurt any.

Old Red Guard Reject

Homer really needs to prove the Reds wrong for not keeping him after this spring. If his start at AAA is fueled by sour grapes then he needs to mature a bit anyways. All that will do is keep him where he doesn't want to be. Some needs to have the ol' "you're better than that" talk with Homie.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Turn Off Ads?