Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 150 years ago today the first shot was fired in the Civil War.

Re: 150 years ago today the first shot was fired in the Civil War.

Anyone planning on going to see the new Redford movie "The Conspirator" which comes out tomorrow?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Anyone planning on going to see the new Redford movie "The Conspirator" which comes out tomorrow?
    I'll probably see it sometime in the next couple weeks.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I own the 4 disc DVD but I'm tempted to do something I never do, buy the newest version.

One of these days I'm going to read Shelby Foote's civil war books.

I have his books but they just too big and intimidating to read. Maybe someday I'll get to them. He made that series though. He was entertaining as well as informative.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    And, Anderson was Beauregard's teacher at WestPoint at one time even though Anderson was a Major now and Beauregard was a General.
    Great book about the class of 1846, from which Stonewall Jackson, George McClellen and George Pickett graduated. So many officers from both sides, of course, came out of West Point.

Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Great book about the class of 1846, from which Stonewall Jackson, George McClellen and George Pickett graduated. So many officers from both sides, of course, came out of West Point.

I'll definitely have to read that.

For those who don't know, and this is directly tied to REDSZONE, Abner Doubleday was one of the Officers who defended Fort Sumter when it was fired on.

And, guess how many Officers were at the Fort at the time?

Yes, Nine. There were nine Officers in defense of the fort. Coincidence?

Saw the preview last week at the theater and it made me not want to see it, as it looked like one of Oliver Stone's silly attempts to rewrite history. At least, that's the way the preview was trying to slant the story, which doesn't necessarily mean it's the way the movie turns out to be.

I'll see it when it comes out of the theaters, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Saw the preview last week at the theater and it made me not want to see it, as it looked like one of Oliver Stone's silly attempts to rewrite history. At least, that's the way the preview was trying to slant the story, which doesn't necessarily mean it's the way the movie turns out to be.

I'll see it when it comes out of the theaters, though.
    I read where the original script was started back in 1993, and that the storyline evolved somewhat over the years to present with the emphasis placed on the "mood" of the country at that time vs today with the populace's "fears" surrounding terrorism, and trying them before military tribunals.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I read where the original script was started back in 1993, and that the storyline evolved somewhat over the years to present with the emphasis placed on the "mood" of the country at that time vs today with the populace's "fears" surrounding terrorism, and trying them before military tribunals.
    That explains a lot, and that's what I gathered from the preview.

Turn Off Ads?