Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    And, in other news, tonight Michael Morse is tearing it up. Pacing the Mariners attack with a 3-run HR. Why oh why couldn't Walt have made a play for Morse a few months ago when we could have gotten him? Take on me indeed!
    Blame Adam LaRoche for slow rolling everyone. If he didn't take until after the first week of 2013 to sign back with Washington we could have made a play but by the time Morse was traded in Mid January we already had all out moves in place. His power would have been amazing to watch in our park for half the games, he could hit 40 with us if he stayed healthy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mujica bails out the Cards and Garcia after 3 walks to load the bases with two outs, getting Kubel to watch a perfect strike 3 on a full count. Also in typical Cards fashion Freese is out with a injury and Matt Carpenter has made about 3 plays he wouldn't make in his place.

Now that career .236 minor league hitter Pete Kozma is back at it again. He has a swinging bunt earlier in the game and now takes Heath Bell over the big wall in center for a HR. I wish we could pull up some random scrub who would have been released by every other franchise to take Ludwick's spot and he magically turns into a .300 hitter overnight.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 04-02-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Heath Bell is Heath Belling.

After Kozma took him deep, Jay took him real deep.

Heath Bell career vs Cardinals
    19.1 IP
    34 Hits
    24 ER
    5 HR
    11.17 ERA

It could have been even worse if they just didn't clean up his 1st and 3rd and one out mess.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Blame Adam LaRoche for slow rolling everyone. If he didn't take until after the first week of 2013 to sign back with Washington we could have made a play but by the time Morse was traded in Mid January we already had all out moves in place. His power would have been amazing to watch in our park for half the games, he could hit 40 with us if he stayed healthy.
    LaRoche did what anyone would and should do--tried to get the best deal he could coming off a season where he kept the team going when Zimm and Werth were out and Harper was slumping. From a Reds perspective, it's about depth. In DC, we have three bonafide closers now and two primetime catchers--all sharing time. When you have a chance at real talent at the right price, makes sense to take advantage and then do what you have to do to make the pieces fit. That's good management (general and field). Not saying it would have worked but also saying the January/pieces in place argument isn't the best way to look at it imho.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Vin Scully loves some Pablo Sandoval.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    LaRoche did what anyone would and should do--tried to get the best deal he could coming off a season where he kept the team going when Zimm and Werth were out and Harper was slumping. From a Reds perspective, it's about depth. In DC, we have three bonafide closers now and two primetime catchers--all sharing time. When you have a chance at real talent at the right price, makes sense to take advantage and then do what you have to do to make the pieces fit. That's good management (general and field). Not saying it would have worked but also saying the January/pieces in place argument isn't the best way to look at it imho.
    I don't blame him for trying to get money, but he is the reason why us and several other teams couldn't trade for him. If he came here we would have to sit him or Ludwick every game without a DH unless we sit an even better player, we have Ludwick signed for next year at big money so you aren't going to do that to your investment.

Your Washington examples don't translate because most catchers always share time unless they are stars and neither of then have proven to be that yet. Having Soriano, Storen and Clippard just makes for a deep pen since all get to work the same amount of time as they would if it was just one of them there.

Now that there's a gaping hole its easy to say but if there wasn't any injuries we would have issues getting them AB and keeping them happy. If it was as easy as storing an everyday player who should be starting on the bench while making everyday money the Nats would have held on to him themselves for insurance.

Cardinals win it to even things up 1-1. Arizona must have wasted all their hits beating up Wainwright as they only managed to get 3 tonight with a pair by Miguel Montero. We need to get on the board tomorrow with our first win to keep pace as I'm sure they will pound the Snakes again as they haven't got much from the middle of their order yet.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I like our odds today against the Angels. I think the birthday boy has a BIG game.

11. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (04-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It is going to be a long summer for J. Arencibia. In the first two innings tonight he has three passed balls. Dickey is making it tough on him.
    I was watching that game. He was really boxing those pitches around behind the plate. He had already broken the Blue Jay record for passed balls in a game when I went to bed. I haven't looked it up to see if he actually broke it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Darvish should have an asterisk with the lineup he's facing.
    That lineup put up 8 runs in game 1. I don't think there is ever a need to minimize a perfecto, even though he fell one reflex short.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

14. Likes:

Tom Servo (04-03-2013)

AAAstros shut out again. That is going to happen a lot in 2013.

I tell you there's some siamese twins thing going on a bit with Nats and Reds. Both won tonight. BP and Votto came alive in CIN to get it done. Ryan Zimmerman got his first hit (a triple) tonight and then the sub .100 career hitting Gio Gonzalez hit a freakin' home run. Both pitching staffs are burning it up so far. Really looking forward to this weekend's series in CIN. Can't wait.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Cards are up 8-7 after 7 in Az. They were up 4-1.

Even if they win tonight, and not to sound too confident, but they don't look like a contending team. I know it's early, but they have some serious problems preventing runs. I can only see it get worse over a long season.

They remind me very much of the Reds from 2001-2008. Fun to watch, as long as you don't care who wins.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cards are up 8-7 after 7 in Az. They were up 4-1.

Even if they win tonight, and not to sound too confident, but they don't look like a contending team. I know it's early, but they have some serious problems preventing runs. I can only see it get worse over a long season.

They remind me very much of the Reds from 2001-2008. Fun to watch, as long as you don't care who wins.
    It's now tied 8-8 going to the ninth.

Turn Off Ads?