Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Success of this Season hinges on ______

Re: The Success of this Season hinges on ______

Ludwick, Frasier, Broxton.

The team could probably absorb an off year from Frasier, but either he or Ludwick needs to be the cleanup hitter.

Broxton needs to nail down the closing spot to keep the bullpen solvent.

I guess I'm not worried about Joey's knee. I think the offseason will be plenty of time for it to heal. Likewise, I think (hope) Cueto's back is not a chronic thing.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    No setbacks.

Latos, Bailey, Cozart, Frazier, Chapman all need to just take the 'next step', and not digress.
    I think you mean "regress."
    You can also add Bruce and Mesoraco to that list.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    You could use that answer for this.... The Success of the next decade hinges on ______
    Yes very true!!!

Center Field Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover View Post
    Center Field Defense
    Nah, it's a concern, but the season hardly hinges on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Nah, it's a concern, but the season hardly hinges on it.
    Probably true, we shall see. Do you care to share what you think the season hinges on?

The Rally Onion

Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rover View Post
    Probably true, we shall see. Do you care to share what you think the season hinges on?
    Sure, health.

So long as the team stays healthy and players play to the back of their baseball card, this is a playoff team. I feel safe to say it is the most well constructed team the Reds have fielded in my life.

I really think you all are worrying too much on CF defense. It doesn't matter as much in that park than lets say Petco. If Choo is even just slightly below average at defense in center, there's very little to worry about. The whole package will outweigh any defensive liabilities (IE Lance Berkman in 2011). If you're fear of CF defense is the #1 reason to the success of this season, then you guys will win the WS.

For me, I think it's starting pitching depth and health of the rotation. There isn't a whole lot of depth there and I expect the Reds to regress to the means as far as injuries go to their arms.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I really think you all are worrying too much on CF defense. It doesn't matter as much in that park than lets say Petco. If Choo is even just slightly below average at defense in center, there's very little to worry about. The whole package will outweigh any defensive liabilities (IE Lance Berkman in 2011). If you're fear of CF defense is the #1 reason to the success of this season, then you guys will win the WS.

For me, I think it's starting pitching depth and health of the rotation. There isn't a whole lot of depth there and I expect the Reds to regress to the means as far as injuries go to their arms.
    We're six deep in major league arms with two of our top prospects sitting in AAA. What kind of depth are you looking for?

1. Arroyo
    2. Homer
    3. Chappy

If these 3 guys have great years....
    1. un
    2. stopp
    3. able
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    We're six deep in major league arms with two of our top prospects sitting in AAA. What kind of depth are you looking for?
    Trudat
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

Turn Off Ads?