Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Casey Anthony Got Off

Re: Casey Anthony Got Off

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    But the jurors did hear from the defense this scenario of the possibility this little girl died in a tragic accident. And while the Judge did not allow that to go further, because of a lack of evidence to support it, the "damage" was already done because the defense succeeded in being able to "inject" that into the minds (thinking) of the jurors to promote "reasonable doubt". And when one juror was interviewed she even publicly stated that was the reason she voted the way she did.

Yes, the burden of proof should be on the state. But in the same sense I think too much leeway is given to the defense to throw out various "theories", knowing there is no evidence to support it, but simply because all they have to do is plant that "seed" somehow of reasonable doubt to influence a jury.

I have my "problems" with jury trials. Not advocating another system, but only that I have my problems with it.

I didn't follow this trial that much. But was the defense ever questioned as to WHY Anthony didn't report the child missing for a month, and lied to investigators about her whereabouts? IMO, that's pretty damning evidence.
    Since she didn't take the stand all we can go on are opening statements (which by definition are not facts) where her attorney said it was due to her being sexually abused as a kid. She learned to lie and make things up. She also had huge fears imbedded in her from that abuse making her afraid to come forward

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Since she didn't take the stand all we can go on are opening statements (which by definition are not facts) where her attorney said it was due to her being sexually abused as a kid. She learned to lie and make things up. She also had huge fears imbedded in her from that abuse making her afraid to come forward
    But the defense never offered one shred of proof she was abused by her father. I'm no legal expert, but it seems to me, when it comes to the opening arguments, neither side should be able to throw out positions (theories) unless they intend to present evidence in the trial to support that supposition. And IMO the defense never intended to do so. They threw that out there just to plant that seed of "reasonable doubt" in the minds of those jurors, but again, with no evidence to back it up. That's wrong.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    But the defense never offered one shred of proof she was abused by her father. I'm no legal expert, but it seems to me, when it comes to the opening arguments, neither side should be able to throw out positions (theories) unless they intend to present evidence in the trial to support that supposition. And IMO the defense never intended to do so. They threw that out there just to plant that seed of "reasonable doubt" in the minds of those jurors, but again, with no evidence to back it up. That's wrong.
    You're absolutely right, hence my comment that by definition are not facts. This was explained by the judge (that opening statements are not considered evidence) so any juror that took it as so was a sorry juror

Well put. In the OJ case, evidence wasn't the issue. I agree that it came down to a choice between guilt or a frame job. Savafan thinks its arguable that there was sufficient evidence to convict and anyone who doesn't think so would make a bad juror. I guess you and I both fall in that category. Personally I think someone who carefully studies the evidence and comes to a conclusion is an excellent juror
    Savafan has worked in the legal field for five years, what do you do for a living?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

They never said where in Ohio, did they?

They never said where in Ohio, did they?
    Columbus. Apparently she has family there.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

How 'bout a Casey Anthony update to spice things up a bit here? Well some new information has been released that pertains to the paternity of her daughter Caylee:

Casey Anthony told a psychiatrist that she became pregnant with her daughter, Caylee, after passing out at a party when she was 18 years old, according to depositions in which the doctor said tests gave no indication that Anthony was mentally ill as she faced her murder trial.
    The 25-year-old Anthony was acquitted last July of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, in a trial that captured the nation's attention. Anthony didn't know who fathered Caylee, the psychiatrist, Jeff Danziger, recounted in a deposition that was unsealed by a Florida judge and released Wednesday. Danziger interviewed Anthony five times over two years but never testified at her murder trial.

"Two beers, possibly given another drug. Woke up passed out," said Danziger, reading from notes he took during an interview with Anthony in November 2010. "Don't remember anything at a party, age 18. This is how she said she got pregnant."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...thony_Personal
    I don't know if she's telling the truth or not but this would explain why she was/is so messed up. That would screw up any teenage girl. It would also explain why no one has come forward, even rumored, as the father.

Her mistake was keeping the kid. She should have either aborted it or put it up for adoption. Raising a kid with that burden is not going to turn out well.

How 'bout a Casey Anthony update to spice things up a bit here? Well some new information has been released that pertains to the paternity of her daughter Caylee:

I don't know if she's telling the truth or not but this would explain why she was/is so messed up. That would screw up any teenage girl. It would also explain why no one has come forward, even rumored, as the father.

Her mistake was keeping the kid. She should have either aborted it or put it up for adoption. Raising a kid with that burden is not going to turn out well.
    Either Casey or her lawyer have also tossed out the theory that Caylee might have been a product of incest (brother and father). I believe a paternity test was even done on her brother. The term pathological liar comes to my mind.

Turn Off Ads?