Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

Re: UK Basketball DY9ASTY Edition

It will be interesting to see these guys fare against Mich State tonight. They have proved they can dominate low level college teams. This is a big step up.

Randle has something like 45 points and 30 rebounds in his first two college games. No matter who that is against that's impressive.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Got into Chicago last night. Can't wait for this game

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    His game is already much more expansive than Randolph's and he's going to get so, so, so much better.
    The only comparison I can really make for Randle is Terrence Jones but with MKG's motor. He can play inside and outside like TJ, but never really had that extra step to make him elite. Randle has it.

That being said, my guess is Sparty's gameplan tonight will be to take it to Randle often. This will be a physical game and it will be interesting to see how the Cats handle it. I think someone else will have to step up and carry the team if Randle can't, whether it be Young or one of the Twins (or both).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The only comparison I can really make for Randle is Terrence Jones but with MKG's motor. He can play inside and outside like TJ, but never really had that extra step to make him elite. Randle has it.

That being said, my guess is Sparty's gameplan tonight will be to take it to Randle often. This will be a physical game and it will be interesting to see how the Cats handle it. I think someone else will have to step up and carry the team if Randle can't, whether it be Young or one of the Twins (or both).
    I think he's got a touch of Grand Mama in him but he's probably going to end up a bit stronger on the block and rebounding and a bit less perimeter oriented than Larry Johnson.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-12-2013 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Got into Chicago last night. Can't wait for this game
    I'm jelly! Give us a report on the fan breakdown and your experience.

All 3 non-UK fanbases are going to be rooting HARD against UK.

Feels good, man.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    It will be interesting to see these guys fare against Mich State tonight. They have proved they can dominate low level college teams. This is a big step up.

Randle has something like 45 points and 30 rebounds in his first two college games. No matter who that is against that's impressive.
    Honestly, a loss tonight wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for this team's long term prospects of winning a title. An early dose of Vandy in the SEC tournament 2012.

Of course, I'll be rooting my ass off for the Cats nonetheless.
    Last edited by WMR; 11-12-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Well this is not pretty so far.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

And the end just as un-pretty. I don't believe in moral victories.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    And the end just as un-pretty. I don't believe in moral victories.
    I thought the whole "undefeated season" talk was a bit much, but if anything this game serves as motivation for improving on the rest of the season.

Experience trumps talent early in the season. UK had experience in the game two years ago against Kansas with Darius Miller and a second season from Lamb and Jones. Ask me who I will take in March and it will be Kentucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

11. Likes:

Joseph (11-12-2013)

Randle is a beast. If Parker and Wiggins are better than he is then I can see the hype over the 2014 draft.

Andrew Harrison was a dumpster fire tonight

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Randle is a beast. If Parker and Wiggins are better than he is then I can see the hype over the 2014 draft.
    He's a good player, but a bit inconsistent. He really took over once the MSU big men got in foul trouble. 27 and 13 is great, but 8 turnovers is pretty bad. He has massive potential, but he is still pretty raw. I think everyone is going to be scared of UK in March.

What do you guys think of the new foul rules? I hate them. Maybe I'll like them better once the players adjust, but there are just way to many fouls right now.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Undefeated...not since IU in 76!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    He's a good player, but a bit inconsistent. He really took over once the MSU big men got in foul trouble. 27 and 13 is great, but 8 turnovers is pretty bad. He has massive potential, but he is still pretty raw. I think everyone is going to be scared of UK in March.

What do you guys think of the new foul rules? I hate them. Maybe I'll like them better once the players adjust, but there are just way to many fouls right now.
    My opinion is something had to be done. Merely having "points of emphasis" wasn't cutting it as officials ignore those year after year. However, I think the rough play the last decade was worse off the ball rather than any handchecking or the like, so the rule change is a little frustrating in that regard. But if the officials stay the course then the players will have to adjust and we'll actually see basketball instead of the rugby matches we've had over the last few years.

17. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-13-2013)

I think these guys learned that playing a good college basketball team is not AAU ball. Most of the mistakes they made are correctable. I expect them to be much better later in the season. Saying that they nearly won by playing a very poor first half. Just hit some foul shots and they win. Also think how the Harrison twins mature may decide the ultimate fate of this team. They have a long way to go in the maturity department and UK needs them to be mature team players to be as good as they think they can be.
    Anyone thinking this team was ever going 40-0 was foolish. No one is ever going undefeated in college basketball again. There's a reason its not been done since 1976. It's hard.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 11-13-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

19. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-13-2013)

Turn Off Ads?