Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Wilson getting roughed up!!

Reds1990

Paul Wilson getting roughed up!!

It was a good story. I'm rooting like hell for this guy but today's performance does not bode well. For all the talk surrounding the fifth spot in the rotation mainly Wilson & Bailey what about Saarloos, Lizard and Belisle. Especially Belise. He's got a live young arm, finished strong last year with two quality September starts. Pitched well in winter ball. Personally I like him as long as his back holds up. I'm just not sure that he's getting a fair look. My guess is that with the Magic man due to start the year on the DL or in Triple A that the brass likes Belisle as the other right hander out of the pen for lets say the sixth, seventh, then Coffey in the eigth before Weathers in the ninth. Of course all things will depend on Hermanson & Lightenburg. Will they make the club or not. If Belisle stats you could keep Lizard or Saarloos for long relief. That's where I really think they see Belisle fitting in. Mop up or long relief.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Paul Wilson getting roughed up!!

"It's over Johnny"

I'm

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

82-84 Mph STRAIGHT is a hitter's dream. I wonder if he's still pitching like it's the 7th game of the WS? I like that he is in camp. In all seriousness, he is an excellent role model for the young players. There are FEW MLB players that work as hard as Paul Wilson. He would make a great roving instructor or rehab coordinator.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Paul Wilson getting roughed up!!
    Wait, did he charge Kyle Farnsworth again?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Wait, did he charge Kyle Farnsworth again?

Maybe we can trade Wilson for Mark Prior :

Prior yanked after getting 4 outs, allowing 3 runs
    By GREGG BELL, AP Sports Writer
    March 5, 2007

PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) -- Mark Prior's return didn't answer as many questions as it created.

Prior, who missed most of all last season with injuries, started and allowed three earned runs in got just four outs before Chicago manager Lou Piniella pulled his expected ace from Monday's exhibition game against the Seattle Mariners.

Prior was scheduled to go two innings but left after 40 pitches -- 16 of which were chest-high or higher. After an errant fastball forced catcher Michael Barrett out of crouch and into a reaching snag, pitching coach Larry Rothschild visited Prior on the mound. Mike Morse hit the next pitch into the left-center field gap for a double.

Jeremy Reed followed by hitting a 2-0 pitch 15 feet up the dark hitting background beyond straightaway center field, over the 410-foot sign. That double -- one of three off Prior -- scored Kenji Johjima for a 2-0 lead. After No. 9 hitter Yuniesky Betancourt's hard, one-hop groundout, on a 1-0 pitch, Piniella replaced the 26-year-old right-hander with Ben Howard.

Prior sat on the dugout bench and threw his cap over his shoulder and into the back wall of the dugout.

Howard allowed Willie Bloomquist's RBI single, the third and final run charged to Prior

he will be fine after a couple starts in the spring

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CINCYREDS#1 View Post
    What leads you to believe this? I respect the guy for what he has been through and attempting to come back, but his arm has been through so much I just dont think its a reasonable expectation that he ever pitches in the majors again.

Hopefully, we can always use some soft tossers in GABP. LOL

Prior or Wilson? I agree Prior will probably settle in after a few more starts if he stays healthy. Wilson? Nope, I think he's done unfortunately. I really like the guy but I think he's had it.

Why did the Reds even bring him back? Its not like he was a Reds lifer or anything. They have plenty of young arms competing for that 4/5 spot that can toss beter than 80 mph.

Wilson or Prior?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Did anybody hear anything specific about his velocity yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Did anybody hear anything specific about his velocity yesterday?
    No, but the radio broadcast was airing a few bars of "I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee" between the release of each of his pitches and their arrival at home plate.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?