Turn Off Ads?

Thread: John Hughes R.I.P.

John Hughes R.I.P.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/06/john-hughes-dies/

No one made better teen dramedies.

Don't you forget about me...
    Last edited by MilotheMayor; 08-06-2009 at 05:25 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: John Hughes R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by MilotheMayor View Post
    http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/06/john-hughes-dies/

No one made better teen dramedies.

Don't you forget about me...
    Whoa... that's just sad, and that man etched out a mighty nice niche in the 80's.

Good filmaker, it's a loss.

Even though Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club were more popular, I thought Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Planes, Trains and Automobiles were two of his masterpieces. As a teen growing up during that era, I thought he captured the teen spirit quite well.
    May he rest in peace.

He made 3 of my top ten all time favorite movies. Sixteen candles, Breakfast Club, and F.B. day off.

He made unknowns, household names for the past 3 decades. You will be missed. You did a great job.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Didn't know until I read it this morning that his last film was Curly Sue way back in 1991. Hopefully he was able to enjoy the 18 years he spent out of the spotlight after it.

Many of the actors he directed have had wonderful things to say about him.
    /r/reds

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles at least once a year. I think it's his best work, though they all have a special place in my heart.

As a lover of movies, I always appreciate when the viewer gets the feeling that the film maker actually likes making movies.

John Hughes is responsible for some of the purest moments put on film ("You should have seen the toast, I couldn't even get it through the door!"), and with his death, so goes a part of my teenage years.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The blogger at the link below has a cool John Hughes story. The story contains a couple of instances of the f-word, so don't click the link if you or your workplace have a problem with that.

http://wellknowwhenwegetthere.blogsp...hn-hughes.html
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?